Cleric agro on Agnarr

Discussion in 'Priests' started by aindriuc, May 29, 2017.

1. aindriuc Elder

Hi everyone,

I rolled a cleric on Agnarr and I'm nearly level 40.

I noticed I'm pulling agro a lot. When the tank pulls and comes back with a tonne of mobs and the enchanter hasn't locked them down yet, I heal because the tank is nearly dead.

Then all the mobs come rushing at me, stun lock me and I die. Sometimes I can pop divine aura if it's up but sometimes it's not up.

This happens a lot. Is it something I'm doing wrong?

From my knowledge, a tank is meant to be able to take agro and maintain it. However, that is not the case. Is it the case that the tank just did a bad pull?

Thanks,
  2. Iyacc Augur

I never played a cleric but as a warrior - this is early game without many of the bells and whistles clerics have gotten used to later in the game. Warriors can't lock down agro as quickly or as easily as you might be used to. Once they get some gear and especially after we get into later expansions, it'll get easier.

As far as working out the timing, not sure I have much to offer other than maybe the pulls are too big or the warrior or enchanter aren't all on the same page as you?
  3. Phrovo1 Augur

tell the tank to pull less or tell the chanter to help the tank out if there's going to be too many
    Brohg likes this.
  4. Chaosflux Augur

Tell the enchanter to stop being bad

Color stun before AE mez and send the charm pet in on engage.

Or use your own stun and root to help park adds.
    Randomgamer, Gundolin and Brohg like this.
  5. Brohg Augur

"The tank pulls"? That's not a pull, that's a train. The noob tank trained your noob group to nooby death. That's all.
    Randomgamer likes this.
  6. phattoni Augur

your enchanter sucks, that is all.

if the enchanter didnt suck, the tank wouldnt be pulling.
    Randomgamer likes this.
  7. Treiln Augur

This. Also, the tank isn't doing anything when he "pulls". He may run within range, get 1 or 2 that he generates some aggro on, and the rest are just following because the Tank got within aggro range.

So when you throw out a big heal or two, you pull threat on most of those mobs. Either have the Chanty lock em down, or have the Tank pull less so he can actually grab aggro on the mobs he brings back. Last thing you want to be doing is healing "on the pull".
  8. Chaosflux Augur

This so much.

Enchanters are the best puller in the eras Agnarr will see for efficiency/speed

Git gud scrubs
  9. Nuther Augur

I'm pretty sure a Cleric can also pull.
  10. Randomgamer Journeyman

Also this

You as a cleric can paci pull. Using your pacify spell to lower the aggro radius of mobs or to help the tank pull them. Chanters also have this spell.
    http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/spell.html?spell=45
  11. Chaosflux Augur

Paci Stun Atone Root quite afew tools to help out in situations like that.

Guessing none of then were used. Just a guess.
  12. fransisco Augur

This is 100% the tank fault.
    The tank is getting proximity agro (smallest amount of agro possible) and bringing too much into camp.
    You can't expect a enchanter to instantly lock everything.
    Get a real puller. If the tank is gonna pull, make sure he doesn't bring more than he can tank without heals for a few seconds until the enchanter gets stuff locked down.
  13. Treiln Augur

The Enchanter in the group** ;)
    fransisco likes this.
  14. Pack Journeyman

huh? ever hard of stun/ae mez?
  15. fransisco Augur

of course. But you are describing a situation where the tank is basically training the group, and the healer needs to instantly start healing so people don't die, and then agro problems happen.

Looking at the chain of events, its obvious the best fix is for the tank not to train the group with more than he can handle, and perhaps to pull with a bit more agro than he is.
  16. Chaosflux Augur

It's classic the tank can't pull with more aggro than he likely was.

Color stun (lowest level) is .9s cast if you get a spell haste item (hint: there is a really easy one other than Djarn)

The enchanter intercepts the pull before it gets to the group (or stops being a bad and pulls)

Leads flawlessly into mmesmerization as soon as GCD is over.

1 round at the absolute most taken by the tank.

If the enchanter is smart/times it well could drop the AE mez on the tank (target AE not PBAOE) and thusly stay out of mezzing themselves.
  17. fransisco Augur

umm.... your staying get a item you need a lvl 50 group for on a server that is brand new.....
  18. Chaosflux Augur

Its NOT the Djarn ring. I soloed mine at level 35. It drops off the Noble on Liveside guk

I already had a 50 by memorial day so IDK what to tell ya.
  19. fransisco Augur

ahh my bad.
  20. Crystilla Augur

As most folks said, the classes need to work together a bit more.

• Make sure your puller is full health when he first goes out to pull.
    • Don't sit after immediately healing; don't use your highest heal immediately after incoming - both will draw you aggro.
    • Chanters and clerics both have fantastic pacifies early on because it works on two different levels of agro. Chanter should be using a different spell set as mentioned above to help out.