Do you even care about your product?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Flea, May 31, 2017.

1. Flea Lorekeeper

Last week has been nothing but a disaster... Agnarr launch fail.. Dupe allegations that you will not deny happened.. The Queue fiasco.. Double EXP on a day 3 server.. Rampant kill stealing and training.. and now I can't even log in or play the game and you guys don't even bother to make a post telling us what's up.

All I want to know is if it's time to stop paying you and find a new MMO, or not?
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Does no one see the big red print at the top of the forums?o_O
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and eepok like this.
  3. Flea Lorekeeper

Does this address any of the rest of the issues? Please stick to the topic here, or the thread will be inexplicably locked or deleted like always.
    disgruntled likes this.
  4. dc.hawkeyegold Lorekeeper

Seriously man you have issues. There are no new problems in EQ. No problems that haven't been equal or worse for 18 years.
    eepok likes this.
  5. Flea Lorekeeper

Personal attacks are another great way to get a thread locked. All I want to know is if they care or not?
  6. Xoner Baby Joesph Sayer

Yes. But they are severely short-staffed and working with a very limited budget.

Yes please.
    CatsPaws likes this.
  7. Holdolin New Member

I remember the days when a problem with a video game was the end of my world. Just breathe hoss, life will continue :)
    Miss_Jackie, dc.hawkeyegold and eepok like this.
  8. Flea Lorekeeper

Again, I'm not sure why you think your personal opinion is the one I'm asking for here. /shrug
  9. TruthofEQ Elder

Well Flea what's the point of this post if people cannot put forth their opinions? I think Holdolin said it best, plus he added Hoss, which I Love!

Okay but for real, Agnarr wasn't a fail IMO, exp bonus was coincidental, they do it every year on that weekend if I recall. The Queue was the only real issue and anyone who has played EQ before knows there are some nights where you click a lot and don't get to play :( Technology has it's pluses and minuses at times!

Yeah this login server issue is a pain, but at most this has been happening an hour, so I came on here to see people like you complain.

Everquest is great and #22 on Game Informers best RPGs list of all time! And Daybreak is making some money off us enjoying a great game, I think it's a solid arrangement :) Can it be better, of course, but so can your attitude Flea...
  10. Legionarius - Xegony Elder

^
  11. Funk Augur

It's funny that when someone voices displeasure the same forum trolls jump in and attack the person almost every time. I think the ones who have issues are the ones trolling forums looking to berate the posts of others.

The guy has a valid point about current problems.
    disgruntled likes this.
  12. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Unfortunately that doesn't happen anymore.
  13. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Okay here is the problem with your statement. This is a public forum. If anyone posts a comment here others feel free to post their own comments too. And for the two posts that I guess could be considered attacks they are weak tea compared to what real attacks look like.

PLUS the OP makes a comment about whose opinions he is looking for. Huh? Public forum you don't get only the responses you want. I get responses to some of my posts by people I consider trolls occasionally but they have a right to post here too. It. Is. A. Public. Forum. Anytime anyone posts you are going to get some agreeing with you and some disagreeing but you don't get to pick who replies.

The queue thing? Every time a new TLP opens that is going to be an issue because they don't build the system for the volume of traffic for the first several days of the server. I guess you can complain about it but not sure that will change anything.

The kill stealing and training? Also standard fair for new TLP servers. Daybreak isn't going to enforce any play nice rules and hasn't for a long time. Regular servers are established with relatively low greed issues so the community mostly follows the play nice rules and things are more peaceful. New TLP server you have a super high greed level and it is like a gold rush town. Claim stealing, murder etc etc. A whole server to sell your loot too for real money transactions or in game plat to buy krono to sell for real money.

Not sure the exp was double it was bonus though. Not sure why this is a problem on the new server. So people got done in 3 days what it would take them 4 and a half days to do.
  14. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

What he said, DBG was bought by Columbus Nova & a quick view through their Wikipedia & an understanding of how such companies operate is all you need to know that EQ is run very lean, by very lean I mean everyone there is overworked & underpaid, they care, but they have very tight resources & every problem has to be prioritised before it can even be looked at, hence even really annoying horrible problems will take much longer to get dealt with than in the past

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Columbus_Nova
    Nennius and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  15. dc.hawkeyegold Lorekeeper

Pot, meet kettle.
  16. Nennius Curmudgeon

QFT
  17. Funk Augur

Except I didn't berate the OP, I called out the trolls and said OP had valid points. Huge difference.
  18. Funk Augur

Sorry but I'd say the majority of people who pay money to play a video game don't expect a queue to get to play said game. If they can't figure out how to handle a server release after 17 years without a queue it's a problem on their end, not the paying customer.
  19. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

You just berated the people who disagreed with the OP and had valid points for disagreeing with him.
    Ummm... actually, there are several games which have had queues to log into the game in recent history. In fact there are a number of online games which you are queued to get into a set of people to play the game and that is the only way to play it.

Plus, it is not like the fact that there was going to be a queue in effect was sprung on anyone at the last minute. The Queue system used has been around for at least a year if not more, and they posted and made a point to share that it would be used and how it would work. So if you were wanting to play on Agnarr you actually were choosing to wait in a queue to play the game.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  20. Aurastrider Augur

I don't think some people understand why there was a Queue is important. I am actually surprised they did not have it setup hours before game launch so people could get into a virtual line. Basically when you have thousands of people all trying to access the network at the same time you are creating an unintentional ddos attack which is why so many people were getting disconnected and other servers were getting hammered I would suspect. The Queue allows them to filter players into the game at a reasonable rate so they can monitor the technical end of things without causing the system to go to hell.

As far as the dupe allegations there are post made by developers and they deny dupes. If I recall they said some people had extra starter items or something to that effect but it was nothing game changing such as a duplicate 40 slot bag or the ability to reproduce krono's.

The bonus xp thing was a no win situation for them. Releasing an expansion or new server this time of year collides with a lot of other things in the game. Anniversary and noble stuff just ended. HH was suppose to have already kicked of from my understanding based on the event calendar they had up but then it got pushed back so it did not overlap with Agnarr release. Bonus xp always happens during this time of year so either they give it to everyone but Agnarr and you have people getting upset or they give it to Agnarr and they have people getting upset. Either way I think I would rather have someone mad at me for giving them something rather than not giving them something.

Kill stealing and training is just unhealthy for the game imo but that seems to be standard procedure over there from reading the forums. For as much as people who want classic eq and talk about community its funny how live is probably closer to old school eq than the tlp servers in this regard. Not saying this does not happen but I think it is much rarer.

In the end just be patient and let things settle in. Everything will balance itself out and it will be enjoyable if you can wash the bitter taste out of your mouth.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.