Newbie to EQ

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Raynee, May 29, 2017.

1. Raynee New Member

Hello there, as the title says I am completely new to Everquest, although not mmorpgs as I have played plenty, but nothing like EQ. My experience so far has been a fun one although it gets lonely playing by yourself. Currently playing on the Agnarr server as it was the one suggested to me to start on by another experienced player. Still in the starting area as a Gnome Necro lv 3...just wanted to know if anyone have any tips and tricks for the new kid on the block as far as leveling
  2. Anhari Augur

In Steamfont, do the Kobolds to the left as you come out of the city, then progress around the zone. You should get to around level 20 or so there. Then move on to Unrest (off of Butcherblock). You should be able to get groups in both areas for a while. You can also try Mistmore before moving off of the island and going on to better "lands", although Feydewer will keep you happy for a long time.
  3. Aurastrider Augur

I am curious why someone would suggest Agnarr to someone who is new to EQ other than more grouping potential? You are going to be locked on a server that will see only a small sample size of the overall game content. I would have suggested phinny over Agnarr but that's just me. At least you will continue to see new content as it is unlocked. Might want to consider this before you spend any significant time on your toon.
  4. Forcer Deathmagi Journeyman

I disagree aura. If raynee is new and agnaar is like classic with people to group. Raynee may xp the magic of everquest that many find nostalgic but there is that its 20yrs old that the graphics mechanic arent the same as todays games but dont let that be a big deal.
  5. Forcer Deathmagi Journeyman

Edit: as a newbie agnarr may not be the best only if server dries up