People everywhere... but it's kinda dead?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Tecmos Deception, May 25, 2017.

1. Treesong Elder

This. After I gained my first level as a Woodelf druid in Gfay I decided to pack up my stuff and do the Qeynos run, for nostalgia reasons. Then in Qeynos I was vendor diving a bit and notcied a Useless Cloth Cap on the vendor for one copper. I looked it up on ZAM and sure enough, you can hand this in to a skelly in Tox Forest, with a chance on getting a 1hBlunt that is slightly better then my Cracked staff.

Needless to say I took this opportunity to leave the XP hunting grounds behind me and take the boat(ok, Translocator) to Tox Forest, of which I have fond memories also. Unfortunately I got a crappy Zombieskin instead of the weapon, but whatever. :)

Just made level 8 hunting Poachers in Surefall Glade, wchich undoubtedly must be the least efficient way to earn XP. :D But being amongst those bears, bumping into Mammoth: it's just cool. I am sure I will tire soon of earing xp, and start crafting. :D

Back in March '99 when I ordered Everquest from the US( I am Dutch) I was expecting to be immersed in a Virtual World, with monsters, NPC's, Quests (that they now gutted from XP) and *gasp*, other people that I could encounter in that same world. I *loved* meeting other folks in colorful locales, travelling with them, talking, and yes, hunt the occasional monster with them. Everquest did so deliver.

And then the "grouping for XP" thing came into vogue, and became the number one activity in MMO's. ??

Could you even group in the old MUD's?
    Senadin likes this.
  2. ToniOboe New Member

I've had no problems finding groups on my ogre shaman. I made the short trek to Commons, but it was pretty full so I went to the other pick and spent a few hours killing orcs in camp 1. Good xp and added some more people to my friends list for later grouping. I know the instancing of zones isn't classic, but it's a good move by Daybreak. BTW, Tecmos, I'm a P99'er and I love your Youtube Videos! Masterful charming in The Hole, for instance!
    Bailen and Xoner like this.
  3. Xoner Baby Joesph Sayer

^ Most positive post I've ever seen from a P99'er. Kudos, sir.
  4. Everque New Member

Bots, bots everywhere.