Bonus XP Weekend!

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Tehsid67, May 25, 2017.

1. Tehsid67 Journeyman

Wooo Hoooo!!! :D

Anyone know what the bonus usually is?

https://www.everquest.com/news/may-2017-bonus-xp-experience-promotion

Bonus XP, Rare Spawns, and MORE - ENDS Tues, May 30

05-25-2017

[IMG]

Summer is almost here so what better time to celebrate than with greater rewards for your adventures in Norrath?
    From 12:00PM PST (Noon) on Friday, May 26, 2017 through 12:00PM PST (Noon) on Tuesday, May 30th, 2017, all servers will have bonus experience! Progression servers this means you too!
    Not only that but you'll also receive bouns rare spawns and faction as well! In addition, the Hero's Forge character feature is on sale in the Marketplace for 50% OFF!
    Start your weekend strong and enjoy this bonus weekend!
    *Convert to your local time.
  2. hein Augur

Hmmm not so sure that's a good idea for Agnarr. I'm sure many will disagree with me.
    Troubadurix and Ellis like this.
  3. Gidono https://everquest.allakhazam.com

Most likely it will be a 50% experience bonus.
  4. Groans Augur

It's great to me 4th tlp till I got the one I wanted don't need to experience noob levels again, no one is forcing folks to level they can take all the time they want .

This is perfect!!!
  5. Gemini Syringes Augur

I'm finna buy so many exp pots.
  6. Relyn Lorekeeper

I'm fine with it, just means I have more time for alts and to try something new because I'll probably cap my 1st lol.
  7. hein Augur

I'm not saying the exp is bad. I'm just worried that a ton of people will miss out on it because they can't get into the game. That will be crazy frustrating. Especially if we see a repeat of last night all weekend long causing a large number to be starting at level 1 next week while others are already in there 30's or higher.
  8. Tehsid67 Journeyman

I work in I.T. with a bunch of other gamers (I'm the only Everquest Junkie). I have been telling all of them about the upcoming Agnarr launch, and today I was bragging about getting half way through level 1 last night. :D
  9. Derd Augur

Halfway? I don't plan on playing but was able in a half hour to get lvl 2 and about 10 percent in. Pro tip smack a guard don't run out of starting town. Skipped the zone denied problem in kaladim
    Johnwick likes this.
  10. Champ Lorekeeper

The server won't go past PoP, how far behind can anyone get?
  11. Tehsid67 Journeyman

"Smacking a guard" was the only way to get out of Neriak, when i was on last night.

I was having too much fun soaking it all in to worry about something like leveling. Best part of the hour or so i spent in game before calling it early, was a Young Kodiak, that the guards did nothing about, wreaking havoc on dozens of level 1 Dark Elfs at the entrance to Neriak in Nektulos. Laughed til I cried.
  12. Amnilarch Journeyman

Bonus rare spawns, what does that even mean?
  13. Amoeba Augur

I ain't too worried on missing out on xp. I plan to try a few classes out and get a feel for things again.

Bonus XP is nice, but the xp shouldn't be a problem here anyway.
  14. Brumans Augur

I think they've said before that they double the chance. Let's assume that's the case.

So if the named had a 10% chance of spawning, now it'll have a 20% chance of spawning.

There's some exceptions where things don't really fit (like probably the forager cycle which is complex), but maybe someone can dig up the post where someone (probably Prathun?) went more into details about how exactly the bonus works.
  15. Atrebe New Member

Does anyone know if the bonus xp applies to killing mobs and quest xp? Or is it just for killing mobs?
  16. Dandy Augur

Just when I thought I was gonna take this one slow..

They pull me back in!
    Derd likes this.
  17. Ellise Journeyman

That's what she said.
    Dandy and Your_Ad_Here like this.
  18. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

The bonus usually applies to quest XP as well.
  19. Machentoo Augur

It depends on the quest. Each individual quest is flagged for whether it will apply xp bonuses or not. Most quests in the expansions covered by agnarr do not. Most of the quests up until SoF or so do not. After that, it is hit or miss, with more often than not no bonuses applying, but some exceptions to the rule here or there. Once you get to Heroic Adventures, it all changes again, with bonuses usually being applied.

The devs also can create bonus xp weekends that specifically exclude all quest xp. Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't.

And, Agnarr has almost no quests that will give any measurable amount of xp anyway, so it really doesn't matter one way or the other. No one is going into the weekend expecting to make huge gains from quest xp, unless they've found some unnerfed exploit that isn't yet public knowledge.
  20. Finley Augur

You're right, it's going to be almost impossible to be "left behind". When I played on Vulak I main changed after we killed Quarm and was caught up before we went into GoD... of course it was a little easier with boxing available, but still not gonna be hard for people to catch up at any point on Agnarr