Time to spin up a 2nd server boys

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by xuzl999, May 24, 2017.

1. xuzl999 New Member

You guys promoted this server like crazy and even told people to call in sick on twitter (which i did not do). and now people cant even log in time to get that 2nd server up and running.
    lockjaws likes this.
  2. crag79 Augur

What makes you think a second server won't have the same queue troubles?
  3. Breeziyo New Member

yeah get that 2nd server going so we can have another ghost town in a month and a half
    lockjaws likes this.
  4. Syraniss New Member

If they don't do a rollback this server is going to be a ghost town next week anyway.
    lockjaws likes this.
  5. Skipp New Member

Some of the best servers are "ghost towns". Hard to get ripped off when you know everyone on the server. Test server used to be the best community for making real connections with CS and IT professionals.
  6. Norm Duke Journeyman

No. I'd rather wait for a few days/ a week for it the calm down than have them open a new server that will be desolate after a few months with a handful of players begging for server merge, threatening to quit.
    nirriri likes this.
  7. Shurman Lorekeeper

I had no trouble logging in to the Dalaran server.
    lockjaws likes this.
  8. snailish Augur

2nd server would only truly help if it was "Agnarr2" and used the same character name database as Agnarr. Then after a week or two you could merge the two together without anyone getting the X after the name they had been playing as (as that creates more drama). This short term separate life would be known from the beginning with a pop up window saying "this is a temporary population overload server that will be merged with Agnarr prime asap"

Otherwise you splinter the like-minded population that keeps Agnarr healthier longer (as we have seen with prior 2nd progression servers)
  9. Rhodz Augur

Not another LJ or Vulak nope no not even
  10. Rizzin_ New Member

Do people even understand the long term impact opening another server right now would have? I think not.
  11. Lejaun Augur

I've always wondered why they didn't start with two servers and then merge them a month from now.
    Rhaage likes this.
  12. Espiritun Augur

Because "muh character name" Would you like an X after your name because some neckbeard beat you to 'Galadrial' on the first server?
    Felicite likes this.
  13. Sdoofbuc Augur

Second server is probably the worst thing that could happen right now.

In a few weeks all the new shiny will wear off and the population will settle down. At that time you could have one server with a high healthy population. Or two servers with low-mid populations that cost twice as much to maintain.

Adding a second server also splits your user base. Meaning less people to play, group and raid with.
  14. Filnydar Journeyman

NO to another server ! 1->50 levelling isn't going to take long with such a fast experience rate, and people will just log to raid until Kunark launches.
  15. Son of a... Augur

Nope, It's just the mad rush of Krono hustlers. They don't spend $15, they are on to make sure they get first dibs to hustle the items. First time I have ever seen Phinigel's population lower than HIGH. Almost came back, but it's reassuring to see it's just another cash money run by the krono/ teams.