Phinny Launch

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Ishbu, May 24, 2017.

1. Ishbu Augur

I remember the Ragefire Launch wasnt really all that different than this is going for Agnarr, but I dont recall Phinny having all that many problems.

Is my memory failing me or were these issues not nearly as expansive when Phinny came out?
  2. Piku Elder

Doesn't mean anything considering this is a different launch. Could be that there is more hype surrounding this one.
  3. Wowjustwow Elder

You are correct but phinny was slated to launch at noon PST but actually sneakily launched at 11am PST. That meant 2 things.
    1. It wasn't even close to prime time and folks were still at work.
    2. The early release was unexpected so people didn't just immediately hammer the server all at once.
    Ishbu likes this.
  4. Ishbu Augur

Ah yes, that is correct, earlier and was actually out before the advertised time. I knew there was something they did differently.

Oh well, at least its not all happening on a Friday
  5. Stigmas Elder

And, you had the fourms exploding with people who complained about the 1hr head start. Enjoy your fair after work launch everybody.
    Ishbu likes this.
  6. Talimat Elder

Phinny was worse than ragefire, by quite a ways. You must have gotten lucky and been one of the few to get on in.
  7. Joshua Schuette New Member

Well at least during those 2 server launches Holly Longdale didn't keep us in the dark like meep
    Ishbu likes this.
  8. Skipp New Member

Phinny was new when Daybreak was getting hit by Lizard Squad's DDoS attack or whatever. Phinny also has exp rates that kept some of the money making bots away.
  9. GregorriDavion New Member

10. Finley Augur

Holly also used to respond to direct emails... I think the progression server population crushed her soul
  11. Talimat Elder

DBG are overachievers. We're trying to get a classic experience, but classic launch was nowhere near this bad.
  12. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Phinny is a true box server in addition to XP penalty. If I recall, Agnarr is boxable with no penalty. I am guessing you have average players with three to six accounts and hardcore players with a dozen plus accounts all trying to hoard names.
  13. Talimat Elder

3 hours in, still havn't gotten in a single time, no names, no toons, no login. Completely unacceptable when they said after the Phinny fiasco that they had this fixed and it wouldn't happen again.
  14. Aaoogaa New Member

Agnarr is no box with similar experience rates of ragefire/lockjaw.
  15. Vandross Lorekeeper

Truebox, actually. Meaning a setup with multiple computers, i.e. 1 computer per account is allowed.