AGNARR - Cant Zone out of Neriak

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Labelme, May 24, 2017.

1. gluteous Elder

there are a lot more problems than character create. died 33 minutes ago and still at loading screen
  2. Strawberry Augur

Naythox is telling you to finish the rat quests in Neriak before you can adventure further, you're not ready for nektulos forest yet.
  3. Talimat Elder

Since the amount of characters that can be made, has been reduced from normal, and that was never mentioned on Phinny, how is it that the system can't handle a smaller creation load than it's previously handled already on other TLP's? Not trying to be rude, honestly trying to figure it out.
  4. Lungvin Lorekeeper

why not put like a 2 min timer or something on character creation
  5. FENDER42 Lorekeeper

I find that funny as heck so many being created yet id bet 99% of us are still in que to even get to the character screen but yeah your right "so many characters being created at once" LOL that statement should be given an Award in itself
  6. Fluid Augur

Meta game, just short of three hours with few breaks trying to log in. Mostly getting time out errors now. If we awarded medals for unsuccessful login attempts I'd have me a gold. I only had ~3 free hours to play today so just about done with it. I can't imagine anyone using either of the two I would like to get but we will see. I may be back after midnight which means the people from Europe and East coast may have gone to bed by then. School night/work night introduction was probably the right choice to minimize load, just have to wait for night to kick in.
  7. Aaoogaa New Member

Honestly there shouldn't be any issues.
  8. Rovguy Journeyman

There are monsters there, its for your own safety.
    Your_Ad_Here and svann like this.
  9. Zapford Elder

Picks and Zoning both not working in QH 60 people in main zone, 1 pick @ 12, 1 pick @ 14, 1 pick @13, and cant leave main with 60 anymore. Nothing but red wisps LOL
  10. svann Augur

Woa. 6.5 hours since server open and there still is a "queue"?
  11. Espiritun Augur

performance issues in a 18 year old game, on 2010's servers / networking equipment????

or am I assuming that last part?
  12. Kiani Augur

I keep seeing comments like this, but I don't think it's as straightforward as people think it is.

Maybe they didn't realise how popular the server would be at launch. There are a lot of new and newly returning players, but maybe more than anyone would expect to want to play on a PoP locked server. I suspect some are from RF, LJ and Phinny and just trying it out for a little while for fun, or to make a quick krono.

Maybe they thought they had it covered, but there is no easy way to test that sort of loading, and something went wrong with what they had in place.

And from a business perspective, it could be that even if you know it'll be popular, you still may not want to resource it to be able to fully cope with the peak demand on launch day, because it is a one off. Agnarr will never ever again have that many people all trying to log in and create characters all at once. So, why spend money to be able to fully cope with that one off situation?