Is there a way to tell which is a free heroic char vs a paid one?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by DamnataAnimus, May 19, 2017.

1. DamnataAnimus Elder

Hi,

Like many of you I recently got a free heroic character. I'm also planning to buy a heroic character, but want to know if there is a way to tell which one I'm about to use, given the free one cannot be rerolled while the paid ones can be.

Thanks
  2. Moege Augur

DamnataAnimus likes this.
  3. DamnataAnimus Elder

Many thanks, appreciate the reply! Also glad I asked (and got a reply) before actually spending the dbc on another was going to use it to try a few classes hence my question :p
  4. Captain Video Augur

The new free heroics can be re-rolled, but you'll only get the plat and the bayle marks once, so make sure to bank those (if you haven't spent them already) before switching.
  5. Anhari Augur

If you only want to try out a character, just roll "young-en's" on the live server(s) unless you have to see how they perform at level 85. It doesn't take long to get a toon to the 30's and 40's so character mechanics are not that hard to test out.
  6. DamnataAnimus Elder

Mostly want to try at a decent level. I've a few characters that didn't meet expectations... which I only found out after levelling to a decent level.

I also currently box 4 characters and want to add another as well as having different classes so I can say swap the druid (who is mostly dps) for a wizard or whatever as a zone dictates.
  7. Vizula-Emarr Elder

You can reroll any of the heroics, there is NO difference between the free and purchased one. Delete ut as much as you want, but like captain video said, just bank the 15k and bayle marks.

I box a lot of different teams composed of free and purchased. Ive rerolled numerous times, before during and after current give away, despite what some posted links would suggest.
  8. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

People are talking about the original free heroic given out back in 2014. Where you were given a free one and then could buy another. The purchased one at that time was the only one of those 2 that could be remade. The free one from 2014 could not.
  9. Vizula-Emarr Elder

I have rerolled my freebie from 2014, they are all the same. Period lol. Yes i know they have said only able to do during that month, but its false
  10. Bluejay New Member

What do you guys mean by "reroll"? Is this implying that I can delete my heroic made toon and I would then have the option to create another one? Or do you mean purchasing multiple ones? The way you are talking about it is it seems like you can purchase a heroic toon, and then delete it and make another one without buying it again. Is this correct?
  11. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Yes you can delete and remake the one you bought over and over and over. Take off the goodies first. You do not have to buy another unless you so choose to buy another heroic.
  12. skattabrainz Augur

You get the gear mount bags but not the plat or the merc payment tokens, is that correct?
  13. Wakeup Journeyman

When you go to delete your heroic, if it can't be rerolled, it will tell you that deleting this character will not increase your heroic characters available, and it asks if you are sure you want to do this. This is the one from 2014. If you try to delete one of the recent free heroics you can just delete it as normal and won't see that message.
  14. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Then you either rerolled it during the trial period back when Heroic characters March-May 2014, or that was not your free one. As Wakeup states, there is a special popup for it.
  15. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Correct, the Plat and the Bayle Marks (merc payment tokens) are not given out again; the rest is.
    Quatr and skattabrainz like this.