Hi all, another quick tip. How to install updated map files to EQ.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Streaks, May 12, 2017.

1. Streaks New Member

This information is already out there but, I thought a video might help some people out. I will be showing you where to get and put the new eq maps files. This will ensure you have your maps all updated for the Agnarr server release. I hope this helps some of you. I know a lot of you have been there done that but, I know there are some people that have not. Thanks for your time all and take care.

Streaks

2. Kelandi Elder

Yeah, no...don't do this. This absolutely the wrong way to install custom maps.

The Brewall instructions are as simple as it gets for installing custom maps that won't get overwritten when you patch:

1. Download the ZIP file of the maps
    2. Unzip the contents
    3. Locate where EverQuest installed on your computer; typically the “C:\users\public\Everquest” folder.
    4. Create a new folder named Brewall inside Everquest’s maps folder (e.g. C:\users\public\Everquest\maps\Brewall)
    5. Copy the unzipped maps files to this folder.
    6. Start EQ and login with one of your characters
    7. Open your map window, in the upper left corner, you should see a dropdown box. Select Brewall.
    8. Voila, custom maps.

Your maps folder should look something like this when completed:

[IMG]
    Ishbu likes this.