How to copy your UI/Chat settings before Agnarr launch

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Streaks, May 21, 2017.

1. Streaks New Member

2. Tevez Augur

Does this also transfer your characters chat filters? When I use this method as well as just copying characters UI's i'll get the chat boxes in the right locations and sizes but I have to reset all the filters again. Is there anyway around this or will I just have to re do filters each time?

ie: Chat box 1 is my hits/spells/dmg while chat box 2 is others hits/misses/spells.
  3. Massimo_Bertoxx Augur

I think some things got moved server-side at some point. Like Friend list. Last I did this, I had to redo my chat windows and filters. But look at the bright side...it's the easy part. You can still do all the detailed window sizing, fades, etc beforehand.
  4. Ming Tee Augur

U know ur bro is good to go! wed at 2pm...rain or snow!
  5. Tevez Augur

Anyone know if there's a way to copy Loot table preferences between characters?
  6. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Should be 4 files named:

LF_AG_charactername_server.ini
    LF_AN_charactername_server.ini
    LF_Nvr_charactername_server.ini
    LF_Rnd_charactername_server.ini
  7. Tevez Augur

Ahh thats the file, thanks for that :D
  8. Kelandi Elder

For the record there are two files that need to be renamed, not one:

UI_character_server.ini
    character_server.ini

char_server.ini = hotbuttons, spellsets
    ui_char_server.ini = which UI (if not default) & its window positions, autojoin channels
    eqclient.ini = keyboard maps and graphic options
  9. Massimo_Bertoxx Augur

I stand corrected. Just moved INIs over to a fresh install and the chat windows and filters were totally in place. Could have sworn I had to redo those before but I'm fuzzy. Was for the same toon on both. Might need to when renaming for a different character.
  10. Accipiter Old Timer

Won't the Copy UI Layout in-game do the same thing? If not, what does it miss?
  11. Gemini Syringes Augur

Will this work to copy chat filter settings as well?
  12. Gemini Syringes Augur

Chat settings (including all that menu clicking for text filters) and window settings (to a point) do not copy over. However, if you're missing some windows from your copied UI, just go to a window and use the Open New Window option and it'll open the windows in the spots where you had them set up on the original.
  13. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

All chat settings should be inside the UI_charactername_server.ini files
    [MainChat], [Chat #] (Chat 1, 2, etc, [ChatWindow] and [ChatManager]

I think if loading the UI file with a new character doesn't work you can just manually look at the old UI file and copy an paste those sections in.
    Gemini Syringes likes this.