Epic bottlenecks - please vote

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Anarth, May 21, 2017.

1. Anarth Lorekeeper

oldkracow, Deadshade and Sithil like this.
  2. Trevalon Augur

Dont forget Wizard Epic
  3. Anarth Lorekeeper

Just added wiz epic to top
  4. Dotmatrix New Member

Yay someone made the post! My hero
  5. Prisim Lorekeeper

Okay not a "real" bottleneck but I remember on Phinny when epics were first available. I was playing my rogue, and on one step you have to turn in a few items to an npc in Lake Rathe and when you do, he despawns. with something like an 8 hour respawn. It was funny (and sad) to see a mass of rogues standing in his room waiting, then trying furiously to hand him items when he spawned. It was a bit of an annoying bottleneck until I figured out the secret, for which I received a few unpleasant messages claiming I was a hacker and what not. Good times.
  6. Anarth Lorekeeper

Bump for Monday West coast awareness
  7. Sithil Elder

Now take that guy, change him to 36 hours despawn, and make it where you have to turn into him twice. Rogues: One every 8 hours SKs: Theoretically one ever 72 hours. And don't even get me started on the Enc mechanics. There are rough spots, as there should be since these are called Epics, but there shouldn't be spots where just a few classes have next to no shot of getting an epic in current content. Hell the way the Enc is setup it maxes at something like 20 epics per expansion, there will probably be 100 shaman epics in the first week.
  8. Stigmas Elder

I agree this is a major issue, but devs have 12 weeks till Kunark to fix things. I don't expect to hear much about it on the week of server launch.
  9. DruidCT Augur

Don't expect anything to change, they've had plenty of time to fix things if they thought it was warranted. Lack of action suggests they like the current rate of epics entering the game for these classes.
  10. Trevalon Augur

Heh, the rogue epic may just be the easiest epic to complete.

8 hours is nothing compared to the literally HUNDREDS of hours Enchanters, SKs, and Wizards have to poop sock.

For instance the Wizard Epic requires the Broken Golem which can spawn between 24-54 hours after the last Golem died and on top of that you are racing every other wizard/guild to kill that golem and can actually lose your items if you get Ks'd by another guild.

Enchanter is even worse with having basically the same thing as wizard but its 4 mobs instead of 1 and SK have the dreaded Marl camp (which would be an EASY fix if they just made it where he didn't despawn on turn in).
  11. Tseroth91 New Member

bump this is important
  12. Flea Lorekeeper

Try playing a paladin - Lich of Miragul is a 7 day respawn (and you guys are crying over 36 hours), and the epic isn't even that good to boot.This means... 12 epics per expansion launch? You don't see paladins with pitchforks over it...
  13. Meekom New Member

Lich spawns in picks, meaning when a new pick pops he's up. He's not as hard of a bottleneck as the others. With Vox being current content, there's a solid chance he'll always be up
    username17 likes this.
  14. Chillys Lorekeeper

Which is why right now is the perfect time to build momentum and try to get the ball rolling.
  15. Rhodz Augur

Right now I would say it is as likely for them to roll back previous fixes as fix something as simple stupid as the SK Epic. Not sure what the priority is over there any longer but you have my full support and vote.
  16. Trevalon Augur

Lich is pretty easy to get up, as someone else said he spawns in pick, so everytime a guild runs to do Vox you will have 2-3 free liches pop up.

Paladin is a pretty easy epic to do.
  17. Truthbringer New Member

Stop trying to fix something that isn't broken!
    You are already getting everything served to you on a silver platter. Just go through the game like the rest of us has done for years now and get your epic when you can..
  18. Machentoo Augur

Says the new member. LOL.