agnar paladin and 2 boxes

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by markkk, May 19, 2017.

1. markkk Lorekeeper

Hi got out an old laptop and an old desktop will play a paladin as a main was wondering what to box as second and third account only interested for pop.
  2. Samueru Journeyman

Boxing not allowed on Agnarr btw

Edit: Unless you're using 2 computers apparently
  3. markkk Lorekeeper

true boxing is allowed 1 account for each computer
  4. Dulu Augur

If you're going to duo 2-box, I can't think of a worse class to run than Paladin.

If you insist on running a tank in the duo, run a monk. Maybe a Shadowknight. Heck, a Ranger would be better in a 2-man box than a Pally.

Regardless, you're going to want to pair it with a Shaman.
  5. crag79 Augur

He said he had multiple computers, which is allowed. I would say shaman for buffs and slows, and a monk for pulls.
  6. Ashenor Lorekeeper

Double pally
  7. Koronu187 Elder

I dont like boxing i really am hoping this will be different from ragefire. I wont be playing very long if this is the case. It sucks this game is so easy to box because of the ridculous downtime
  8. markkk Lorekeeper

every guild gets their own raid zone you have picks if to many people in zones if not enough people in the picks they colapse so boxing will not really affect you plus you will not see me around since i dont play usa time unless i am raiding and i only use my main on raids.
  9. Chaosflux Augur

Shaman Ench

Cleric Ench
  10. Rampart New Member

For a Pali main, I've used:
    Druid Shaman

I think Druid Ench could work too.
  11. Green_Mage Augur

Druid/Enchanter
    Cleric/Enchanter
    Shaman/Ranger*

*Monk and Rogue have there advantages too. They are all about equal for this strategy.

What is best for supporting a Paladin main throughout Classic-PoP (in order).
  12. Baldur Augur

Like Green_Mage said, it's druid/enchanter and it's not even close.

Druid/Enchanter is the best duo and any class makes it better. The paladin will be getting carried basically as the charmed pet will be tanking most of the content. The nice thing with the paladin is you can stun the charmed pet when it breaks so the enchanter doesn't take a beating while you get it recharmed.
  13. Fluid Augur

I've fooled around enough in early EQ and on the TLP servers to know transportation is king. Druid or Shaman for SoW and eventual ports. Traveling invisible is a viable option too, so check out the other spell tossers too like Enchanter. Paladin's forte is killing undead, so you may want to pick something that goes well with hunting those areas i.e. invisibility vs. undead would be handy. There are a lot of outdoor areas with undead which makes the Druid/Ranger types usable, but if you are predisposed to using undead dungeons like Befallen, you may want to just use a Wizard for eventual porting, root, kill shots.
  14. Hdizzle Augur

You don't have to explain yourself bro. Box if you want to.

Pally druid enc ftw.

Tank/res/ports/cc and the enc is basically the best dps on Agnarr with charm.

edit* don't forget druid track
  15. Karanthal Augur

I'm considering a similar trio myself, I'm currently playing sham/war/mag (mid 40s) on Phinny. Its a pretty decent trio, but I don't really find I use slow much yet. I'm mostly missing pulling abilities, even lull/pacify would do and track. I hate not knowing then mobs are up.

I'm thinking either war/cle/enc or pal/dru/enc. Maybe swapping the enc for a bard, but that does give me 2 plate classes which I prefer to avoid and I've played a druid and bard to 105 already. I kinda want to main a warrior, but that means less mobility and no track/snare/ds.
  16. Hdizzle Augur

If you play druid enc or cleric enc as a duo, the tank is pretty interchangeable.