Cleric Vs. Rogue

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Agnecro, May 19, 2017.

1. Agnecro Journeyman

I haven't played in a long time and was wondering which class between Rogue and Cleric I should pick. I want to do decent DPS in classic but I also want to be able to solo a bit. I understand Cleric is really good at soloing, especially at earlier levels, but so is rogue. Seems like maybe in Kunark, Rogues may get better at soloing, not sure though.The Cleric undead nuke line is pretty good DPS, plus they can heal themselves, which is a bonus. I think Rogues using bandages would work well after gaining some skill as well. Which one should I choose?
  2. Z E L R O T H New Member

I'm not an expert on EQ classic but looks like in terms of soloing you did pick two very group depended classes...
  3. Ming Tee Augur

Probably the worst and 2nd worst soloing classes in the game. Rogue would be better dps out of the two. Cleric would get instant groups tho.
  4. Rouan Augur

Cleric is actually a pretty good soloer against undead. Good AC mitigation table, good efficiency/dmg on the undead nukes, lull, root, and of course can heal itself.

Rogue soloing is straight trash though. However, there is some money to be made once Kunark is out and people want into the crypt area of Seb.
  5. Agnecro Journeyman

Hm, so rogues have good DPS but can't solo?
  6. Ming Tee Augur

Rogues dps comes from backstab and you can't backstab solo..so yea, they can dps but are the worst solo class in the game.

Also still trying to think of a class that is weaker than a cleric at soloing besides a rogue...warrior?

You might want to try paladin or monk as alternatives if you're looking to solo a lot. (I know these classes aren't the best soloers either but better than rogue or cleric and close to the same gameplay)
  7. Kiani Augur

Cleric isn't really good at soloing. They can do it to an extent - they're not as bad as some people make out. Against undead in classic they're ok, but even then, their nukes aren't that good. But you can rez yourself when things go wrong! Any other priest/caster would do better.

Rogues are not good at soloing, something like ranger without the spells, only slightly worse.

Almost any other class is better at soloing than these two, except warrior, which would be between the two.