Where to go next?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Feldwebel87, May 17, 2017.

1. Feldwebel87 Journeyman

As the title states, I need tips and a general idea of how one needs to go about determining where to go next after the Gloomingdeep tutorial. To answer the obligatory "this is not a modern day MMO that holds your hand" comment: yes, I know. I played old school EQ, and recently came back from P99. I am used to going to Qeynos, Qeynos Hills, Blackburrow, etc. Now, after Gloomingdeep on the Phinny server, I am at a loss. I could go to the Qeynos terminal, but no one really goes there anymore it seems.

All in all, I am just asking for some general tips to help guide me in seeking out new areas to level. There are so many zones, old and new, and determining where to go next has me confused and looking for answers. Does one simply ask around, look at guides online, or what? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Cats Meow likes this.
  2. svann Augur

Crescent reach then blightfire moors
    Feldwebel87 likes this.
  3. Nakuru New Member

On Phiningel, if level 10ish you can go to Paludal Caverns or Unrest. You will find the most options for grouping there. or watch chat for other options for players that are exploring. Saw one earlier today for a group heading to befallen.
  4. Cats Meow Journeyman

I get asked this question a lot so I did a video on it. Hope this helps!

5. skattabrainz Augur

Good video :)
    This particular person was asking about phinny, tho. No bear caves on phinn :)

For phinny I would check kurn's or paludal caverns. Once you get to 15ish, Unrest.

Best of luck and thanx.
  6. Anhari Augur

The lower levels of Befallen at level 10ish are good. I also like the wide open spaces of The Karana's, though you do need to be "on your game" in certain areas.

Once 15 or higher, Unrest is good, or you might try the entrance to Mistmore though its bee ages since I did that zone, so it may be better to wait to your 2-'s or 30's there.

This should help you get to your 30's and 40's where your options open up.

Don't forget Lavastorm and Najena as you level up. Lava is a good early zone, and Najena has some good needed gear for a young Magician and Wizard (SMR if I remember correctly).

On the moon, there always options and good progression after Shadeweavers, but getting around can be challenging since you have to go through either Paulderals or through Grimling Forest.
  7. Feldwebel87 Journeyman

What a coincidence! I was watching some of your videos just last night. I'm not joking. Very well put together and entertaining btw! I will give this a watch after work. Thanks:)
    Cats Meow likes this.
  8. Fluid Augur

The suggestions to date are really good. Only thing to add, and what was hinted at by Anhari, some places you have to hunt for long term development. For magicinas, Najena will get you access to to focus items you will eventually need for your epic. Cleric/Paladin/Necro/SK, all work better against undead. Druids, Rangers, are mainly outdoor zone characters. Typically at that level I hunt wisps for a few levels and cash to fill out my equipment wish list. I tend to hunt lonely areas for levels and drops. Aviaks are always good for something that hits soft, doesn't poison, and doesn't cast.