Gnome necro

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Vontod, May 17, 2017.

1. Vontod Augur

How do they compare to other races, faction-wise? Are they any less hated? I played a HE bard this last TLP and was able to run to all of the teleporters and get ports easy. However, I'm wondering how the BB docks one would go playing a gnome.

Thanks,
    ~Von
  2. Ryak Augur

Gnome necromancers end up with a weird hodgepodge of people who like/hate you.

This is all from memory, so some might be slightly wrong but...

Gnomes - Dubious (including the parcel vendor in the bank - Annoying until you fix it)
    Dwarves - KOS
    Barbarians - KOS
    Wood Elf - Dubious
    High Elf - Apprehensive
    Humans - Varies, mostly Apprehensive
    Druids - KOS
    Iksar - KOS
    Cats - Indifferent
    Paineel - KOS (Weird, right?)
    Dark Elf - Dubious
    OT - Apprehensive
    FV - KOS
    Katta - KOS
    Seru - ???
    Erudin - ???
    Halfling - ???
    Froglok - ???
    Ogre - ???
    Troll - ???
    Scornn and andross77 like this.
  3. AgentofChange Augur

Gnome necros are a little annoying b/c some vendors in your own home city won't sell to you, and you can't use the ak'anon parcel npc without increasing your faction. Still the master race though.
    andross77 likes this.
  4. Machentoo Augur

You can make it to the BB docks translocator (and all the others) using invis. At lower levels before you can invis though, you will have trouble getting around.
  5. Somnium Wintersun New Member

Look for this little dude in front of the building on the right as you go down the ramp (from bank). - Zenrel Ottonoggin. He's not marked as Parcel vendor, but I use him on my Gnome SK (not sure if he was available first thing in Luclin or not as I found out about him more recently).
    Scornn likes this.
  6. Catashe Augur

Seru- probably KOS I don't think they like evil classes any better than Katta
    Erudin- Dub or Threateningly(guards at least. The caster guilds will be dub to you. Cleric/Paladin guild will probably be KOS)
    Halfling- guards and cleric guild will be KOS to start. Guards start at threateningly so only alittle bit of factioning will get ya up to Dub
    Froglok- no question.. KOS
    Ogre/Troll- Your a gnome... Your considering lunch to them.. Need I say more? lol

Paineel- Paineel is weird period.. Their Erudite they are snobby they don't care for non-erudites and really don't like people who don't woriship Cazic Thule.. I actually tested this.. You could be a Agno Warrior and be threateningly to Paineel.. You woriship a evil god like Bert or Inny.. Ready to Attack faction..
  7. aGenda New Member

FWIW I am thinking about playing a gnome necro for easy access to crushbone, unrest and mistmoore (my preferred leveling zones), then race changing to iksar at kunark.
  8. Fepy New Member

except when u race change to iksar the stats get auto allocated and u cant perfectly min max st am int
  9. Toruch Fleshrot Augur

They are the master Necro race.
  10. Tachyon Augur

Everyone loves a Gnome!
  11. Green_Mage Augur

Paineel hates just about everything except Neutral and Evil Erudites. Evil deities don't get along, Bertoxxulous hates Cazic-Thule hates Innoruuk hates Rallos Zek. So you are going on your gnome caster status in hopes they don't take offense to Bertoxxulous. Apparently, Barbarians and Dwarves hate him but elves find him tolerable...Weird.
  12. Catashe Augur

Barbs hate people who worship Bristlebane too which I find odd
  13. Relyn Lorekeeper

This. I am pretty sure he is there from the beginning.

Also, by doing crushbone, everyone on that continent ends up liking you (or not hating you at least). I probably had the best faction with dwarves. Also if you need to sell to wood elves, can just use the aug seller.

Gnome is my favorite necro. I can't stand iksar because I hate the tail sticking through the robe.
    andross77 and Scornn like this.
  14. Nydi New Member

Gnomes are the best!!

Just wish Agnarr didn't have to wait til Luclin unlock to be SKs.
  15. Green_Mage Augur

So I've been checking out factions with Erudite Necromancers.

It struck me as surprising that you can walk straight to the docks in Erudan at level one and go to Qeynos. Nothing is KoS.

They might be able to buy from the evil Gnomes in Ak'Anon, but the guards are KoS (threatening). Same deal with Qeynos -- probably areas to go, but the guards are KoS.

Felwithe is non-KoS, but everything except modern research and augment merchants are dubious (not usable). Oddly, not even Tunare Paladins and Clerics KoS. Same with the Wood Elf City.

Freeport has several con-amiably Merchants and the Guildmaster con-amiably as well. Some of the Guards are con-dubious and I never went right to the Good Paladin/Cleric areas to make sure there would be no problems there.

Neriak is similar to Freeport except less amiable and more indifferent. The ghouls outside the Necromancer temple are KoS to I think anything but Darkelf innoruuk worshipers (maybe troll too). But you can IVU and go straight to the spell Merchants. I'm not sure if the GMs will train you or not.

I didn't check Dwarf or Barbarian but I'm pretty sure that they will be KoS. I think they just hate Necromancers generally. Trolls and Ogres I'm pretty sure just hate Erudites, even though Cazic-Thule is a popular god among them.

Also, the noob area for Paineel is a much better starting area than for other Erudites. While the Origin is not as useful normally, at least you can use it for the Hole. I'm pretty sure Warrens will be open right at launch? If so, it will be an amazing zone for the era.
  16. Zinkeh Augur

Are there any quests for gnomes like the red wine quest in neriak?
  17. Gnothappening Augur

Not for a gnome necro unless you go to neriak and do the wine quest.
  18. Zinkeh Augur

Indeed. Was thinking of one to repair some of the npc in Ak'anon like the parcel guy :)