Monday: New Week, Another Appeal to devs

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Chillys, May 15, 2017.

1. AgentofChange Augur

The Neriak npc still exists and can be used
  2. MaestroM Augur

IIRC you could never find UDB because Trak would always kill him so you would effectively have to kill trak twice in order to get a bard epic. They fixed it by moving the trak guts onto real trak.
  3. Chillys Lorekeeper

Let's vote these guys. On top of TLPs generally being more crowded (and especially top-heavy) Phinny only had and Agnarr will have 12 weeks in era. The basic argument that epics should be rare and wielded by few is completely invalid since increasing their availability would push the rarity closer to a level of what it actually was during classic (Not too mention all the easier epics). The Shadowknight epic also encourages 3rd party programs, since there are no measures which can be taken to beat a cheater fairly.
  4. -wycca Augur

Not quite the same thing, the bard epic was reverted.

Not to say that I think the sk/enc/wiz epics should be changed (because I do), but you're not comparing apples to apples.
  5. SlickRick New Member

Having gone through the enchanter epic many times - I can really get behind this. Remember, they are called epic QUESTS for a reason. The epic portion is the amount of time and effort required to complete them, not necessarily the mobs that need to be killed. In the case of the enchanters, it is in Fact Verina Tomb and Vessel Drozlin. When you go all the way into the cabilis sewers for example and see a room full of boxes, it is just disheartening. Further, because they are in city zone, extra picks can't be spawned.

I fail to understand with the number of instances already available why we cant just have instances available for the epic encounter mobs -- is another AoC or 50 REALLY going to matter?
  6. Galleyan Augur

While I certainly don't "agree" with your choice, I absolutely and completely understand it and I will not fault you for making it. It's unfortunate that this is the length that otherwise honest players have to go to.
  7. Chillys Lorekeeper

This is why I keep focusing on this point. Even if people are using unfair methods for the enc/wiz epic, since you have to actually kill the mob hypothetically you could poopsock with several mag/wiz friends and get your kill. The main point with the wiz/enc is that the spawn is just too long.
    Marl is a turn-in quest mob. Not only does he have a stupid long spawn, but by design whoever clicks the fastest wins. We don't need to go into details, so let's just there definitely exist faster ways to click than your pointer finger.
  8. Galleyan Augur

lol. I had a laugh for a second at these Issue Tracker requests... Out of 244 requests...
    The relevant posts for ENC epic improvement is #1 top voted issue
    WIZ epic is #3 top voted issue
    SK epic is #11 top voted issue

Not that this means anything; I just found it humorous. Very rarely does this community come together on anything :p
  9. MaestroM Augur

I don't think I've even heard any dissenting voices in 3 pages of this thread or in any of the other threads.

Lets get some trolls out of the woodwork to prove me wrong.
  10. Anarth Lorekeeper

Well there's a lot more people viewing these topics time and time again that aren't voting. So hopefully we can get some more votes, and even some developer attention.
  11. Magic Augur

12. Mel The Evil one Journeyman

I'm not going to play SK this time around so you will have 1 less to compete. After doing it on ragefire and phinny the thought of doing it again makes me burnt out already.
  13. Dotmatrix New Member

The only bummer with this thread is the title. I'm not particularly fond of recreating threads that already have a point, but if one was specifically made for: https://dgcissuetracker.com/browse/EQ-758 I think it'd be appropriate. The vote count has already gone up quite a bit. It'd be pretty awesome for it to be 100+ before release. it gives me a breath of hope. maybe a small gasp of hope?
  14. Sithil Elder

Won't let me login, says password is wrong. Also won't let me reset the password. So I'm 1 of the viewers trying to upvote but can't. Fix the bottlenecks so All classes are equal.
  15. Dotmatrix New Member

it's a different account than your standard DBG. you'll have to register really quick. it's just a 1 page register. super fast
  16. Sithil Elder

Done and done
  17. Galleyan Augur

Whoa there, page 2 already? Nonsense. #1, #2, and #5 on the improvement request tracker now.
  18. Astley Augur

Well, the issue with the Bard epic needing to be changed was that because the TLPs had increased spawn timers, the whole "undead bard" portion where you needed to catch him between regular Trak spawns was more difficult than intended. Originally, the part Bards needed was on Trakanon to begin with, and due to the original difficulty of killing him and the long respawn time, they put in the Undead Bard as a compromise to help Bards out. But then they goofed that up on the TLPs with the shortened respawn time of Trak, and needed to correct it. THAT was the reason for 'fixing' the Bard epic. Not because they were trying to make it easier, but because they made a change that inadvertently screwed with the short window of the quest mob Bards needed. Marl/Verina/Vessel didn't really get goofed up like the Bard one did.
  19. Galleyan Augur

Conspiracy Theory Mode ENGAGED!!!

They screwed up the newbie zones to bury this thread!!!!!!!!!! ;) J/k j/k, all in good fun... but I still won't let this thread be buried.
  20. Duckforceone Lord of the Ducks