Store mounts on Agnarr?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Vise, May 16, 2017.

1. Vise Journeyman

From what I understand store mounts on phinny unlocked during luclin?

I feel it would be a good idea to unlock them day 1 on Agnarr

Yes I know it would make classic WAY easier however Classic is easy with our without them and it would increase profits for dgb
  2. Wispur Elder

No.

Or more specifically, how do you see mounts as fitting into a "Classic" experience in any way?
    Grelf likes this.
  3. Vise Journeyman

Lets get one thing straight, This is not Classic EQ, p99 was the closest thing to Classic EQ.

This is a Tlp progression server with a ton of changes from Classic eq, Mounts are coming sooner or later and if they offer them at launch it will offer them a way to make more money.

If you want a "Classic" experience go play p99 It's
    <<<<<< That way
  4. Rhodz Augur

A bridge too far
  5. Tseroth91 New Member

6. Zapford Elder

"classic is easy with or without them"

Yes, yes it is.
  7. Acen Elder

If you want mounts from the start play on Live. How hard is that to grasp?
  8. AgentofChange Augur

It's like saying "Add the bazaar at classic, add plane of knowledge at classic, allow all spells to be purchased from a vendor and don't lock any behind any expansions" etc.

There are some things that are just going to stay locked behind certain expansions, and mounts are one of them. End of story.
    Ellis likes this.
  9. Rhodz Augur

THe bazaar makes more sense than mounts, game needs that one and badly.
    My blasphemy knows no limits.
  10. Ellis Elder

This topic is as much a dead end as the one suggesting that advanced loot be removed
  11. Runes Augur

I get what you are asking and ignore the aholes that posted flaming you, you weren't asking for something blatantly OP. If what you asked was done, it would open up a huge slippery slope for other non era features to start from day one and defeat the whole purpose of allowing people who did not experience progression servers, to enjoy.
    Agnarr is primarily aimed at p99 people to restart on a DBG server along with the small population of people from live servers that want to experience Progression content.

You either accept this marketing philosophy or go to a live server or to one of the other progression servers that are ahead in content and has the features you want.

Runes
    Vise likes this.
  12. Vise Journeyman

I'm used to trolls on Everquest forums (I think they started here)

Because 40 slot bags, Advanced looting, 25% exp potions, Sow potions, mana potions, hp regan potions, Ornaments, (what else am i missing?) are all "in era features" right?

Looks like we are already on that slippery slope, Im just trying to add a little lube
  13. MaxTheLion Augur

I don't want to play Classic and Kunark. PoP will unlock eventually so why not start the server with all expansions leading up to it unlocked?
  14. Tevez Augur

But what would become of EC tunnels :(?
  15. snailish Augur

I'm hoping the stat mounts don't appear at all. Let Drogmors be the pinnacle.

At the very least, allow the Luclin statless mounts their day of being top end. This also makes the raid drop mounts more of a goal for a time on the server.

If stat mounts must appear... drop them in with LDoN.

Appearance stuff (ornaments, hero's forge) I wish was era-locked somewhere after PoR. LoY just gives us armor dye. There's really no reason for Agnarr to ever get this much later look to the game.

Advloot is fine. Most of the global changes to quality of life are fine.

The potions are a cash cow. Hard to lock that out. Some may need to be tuned down for era though.

The bags are an invisible massive convenience to those willing to pay for them. I don't have a problem with them.
  16. HoodenShuklak Augur

These bags and pots will impact peoples play far less than hackers and griefers... complain about that if you must.
  17. Rhodz Augur

It just goes back to being a lag free shortcut between N Ro and Com? :D
  18. Numiko Augur

They should let us level up to 105 with auto grant AAs! .. after all it is not *really* a classic server . right? :rolleyes: