Advanced Loot System.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by MaestroM, May 3, 2017.

1. Ming Tee Augur

You should try Tetris instead, very simple game and lots of fun.
  2. Runes Augur

I really like advanced loot system and take on ML job anytime asked. I get stuck on no trade items that forces me to manually click on leave on corpse when everyone in group has never selected. Is there anyway to set a filter to auto leave on corpse?
    Thanks
    Runes
  3. Rhodz Augur

Perhaps they have experienced or heard of the crashes using AdvLoot.
    Far as I know it is still and issue, absolutely was on RF/LJ with people going LD for no reason except being in the AL window. Happened to my wife just picking G/N/n on a couple of items last week so it is still a thing.
    No standing on one foot and crowing like a rooster does not work as did none of the other sure fire work arounds.
    Just saying they may be more educated than a lot of the people making cracks about them.
    The thing is a kluge for the beginning that it works as well as it does for most people is just undeserved good fortune.
  4. Accipiter Old Timer

There's an option to not pop up the advanced loot window automatically. Click the Loot Settings button.
  5. Magic Augur

First time me see this window me was shocked :) And try to disable it, but after some time me like if me not need to run to each corpse to loot something. So P99 ppl be patient and you will love it..
  6. Chatoyan Elder

The trick to avoiding crashes seems to be not letting a lot of items build up in the list without choices made for AN/AG/NV/etc. You can have dozens of items in the window without any problem, if you have choices selected for all of them. If you try to open the window to start setting loot choices when the window is already full of stuff, EQ will crash.

Basically, the window is a little extra work setting options for new loot the first time you go to a new zone, but it saves a LOT of work trying to click corpses every other time you're in that zone.
  7. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

Yeah it's been a pretty long time since I've seen someone crash out from the loot window, like I'm talking ~2 years ago probably, however at this point I think everyone is actively marking items and the problem as I remember it was when way too many unmarked items built up in the window. As long as everything's marked, it seems to be fine - I know on these LDoN raids its pretty easy to build up a massive amount of rolling items, but we haven't had any crashes from them and I haven't heard of others experiencing any either.
  8. Nikkifm New Member

There are over 1 million dropable items in everquest, so "Clicking 1 button once 1,000,000" is the statement i think you were TRYING to make.

How does it take you 20 minutes to sort trash loot with the old system? Its simple, if its not an wearable upgrade, dont loot - everything else that gets dropped is garbage anyway. In fact, with the exception of named mobs EVERYTHING is garbage until max level.

I cant wrap my head around the fact that everquest was like the last game ever to adopt an advanced loot system, and its the worst ive ever seen on any MMO that ive played. This game has been destroyed over the years, and for a returning player such as myself, is no longer playable (or worth playing).

For those of you who don't have stockholme syndrome, I will see you in pantheon
  9. Accipiter Old Timer

You'll know once you have tried it. Until then, we forgive your ignorance.
  10. Kahna Augur

So clicking 2-3 times per mob for every mob you kill is somehow better than clicking 1 time per loot drop, especially when so much of the same stuff drops over and over again. I really just think you are looking for a way to hate it now. Change can be scary, it's okay.

And LoL at everything up upgradeable items being worthless. We loot many things in this game for many reasons, tradeskills, trash to sell for spells/gear. Not everything we loot is a wearable armor upgrade and forget everything else. I remember leaving many a group in 1999 because I played a cleric and all the melee were looting the trash money drops while I had to med. Oh and they expected me to spend reagents on them. Adv Loot > corpse loot.
    Ming Tee likes this.
  11. Chatoyan Elder

I've never been so flush with cash on EQ that I didn't bother to loot all the vendor trash I could carry. Can't see getting there any time soon, either.
  12. MaxTheLion Augur

Sounds like you want a reason to not return more than anything, which is fine too. I've had many friends return after very long hiatus and be confused with the new setup, disliking it until they learned it. It's a huge QoL improvement but if you go in thinking you're going to hate it, you will hate it.
  13. Lankie Augur

I couldn't care less how many dropable items there are in Everquest. I'll only ever see a few. Go camp PoFire for 8 hours, first 5 mintutes you'll see the entire loot table which consists of like 4 different items. So in a 8 hour grind you click 4 buttons.

Let's compare:

8 hours with Adv Loot = 4 clicks.
    8 hours without Adv Loot = 1 million clicks.

Xp rate:
    8 hours with Adv Loot = 8 hours of XP
    8 hours without Adv Loot = 1 hour of XP, 7 hours of trying to loot corpses.

GG.

Pantheon? No mention of a looting system there apart from clicking corpses, which means you will NOT see me in Pantheon.
    Chatoyan likes this.
  14. Febb Augur

Advanced loot is not in anyway shape or form hard to figure out and isn't anywhere near as bad as you are making it out to be. You are blowing this way out of proportion.
  15. Rhodz Augur

Yeah and no there were only a handful of items in the window and she was marking those... LD.
    As a center piece of a UI that is fairly lame this far into it but at least most people are not affected.
    One instance on RF was in UR and the cleric doing the ML suddenly went quiet as large pull arrived, things did not go well. We all knew what had happened by the time it was far too late. Meh no big deal for us but some take that seriously.
  16. Kyllvyn Journeyman

Got a question -

First time using the advloot feature in a party last night and while I sort of got it figured out (by asking questions and some nice people answering them). I ran into this problem - got too much loot and was over weight.

Is there some way to turn off all random loot with just a click of a button or do you have to manually go through everything to turn off?

Don't want to turn everything off and then have to go back through and turn everything back on again at a later time.
  17. MaxTheLion Augur

/advloot, bottom left of window, click "Apply Filters". It will keep your roll preferences but will deactivate them temporarily until you re-click it.
  18. Kaley_D'vere Journeyman

19. Strawberry Augur

Still a god damn mess.

They should be able to simpify it and find some middle ground.

Yes, I know, hardcore players are going to want the most advanced and most automated system they can, but this is offputting to new players and people who play more casually and have to relearn the complicated system again and again each time they come back to EQ and forgot how it worked. I don't know any other MMO that has such a complicated loot system.

There has to be a middle ground between completely automated looting and manual looting.

[IMG]
  20. Accipiter Old Timer

LOL, it's not that hard. While messy the advance loot system gives you the ability to roll on something never, always, or to override those settings for this particular item. Your proposal (assuming that's what it is) doesn't allow that.