Using 3rd Party Software

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by LizardKing, May 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pikallo Augur

Illusory and his anti-cheating crusade would like to have a word with you! hehe
  2. Illusory Augur

Lol, I've retired the crusade.

At this point it's just use whatever software you want at your own risk. :)
    Pikallo likes this.
  3. Catashe Augur

Ya heard it here people... Stop your illegal AFKing at the bank in PoK!
  4. Warrior007 53 61 74 6f 73 68 69

These measures are flawed. There are ways to circumvent it, which are becoming more and more prevalent.

Is Daybreak aware of these countermeasures?
    Hdizzle likes this.
  5. Illusory Augur

DBG can speak for themselves, but I believe they are well aware of what's going on within their servers. It's just those people circumventing the true-box code are subtle about it and are not causing grief to the majority of players on the server.
  6. Ryder Lorekeeper

Until these tactics are released publicly and they become an issue like they were/are on RF/LJ no additional actions will be taken.
  7. Kibanu Augur

Unattended can leave room for interpretation.

So, can I have 3 separate PCs and run something to click "1" every 5 seconds, but I'm completely at the PC and can respond to tells etc? I'm there, I can walk around, I can do things... but every 5 seconds, it'll automatically press the "1" key.... how does that fall under the rules? I'm sincerely asking because it's a legitimate case.
  8. Mwapo Augur

Its been a very long time since anyone was banned for attended, automated gameplay. YMMV of course.
  9. MBear Augur

Seriously?
    Unattended: Not supervised or looked after

You don't have to lawyer it. Just follow the spirit of the rule.
  10. Bandages Elder

I had enjoyed Phinigel during classic and up the point when most everyone had figured out how to use software to multibox cheat. In the classic it was only a select few that were doing it because nothing had been advertised to make it work. Now there are valid VM setups that anyone can use and get away with. I stopped playing there, and won't be playing Agnar because this isn't policed. It's simply no fun playing when people are like, ok what do you bring to the group? Because this other guy is bringing two other out of group support characters to help pull, or backup heals, or out of group dps. So unless you can play three characters there's no exp group for you.
  11. Kiani Augur

But people can do that without cheating, by genuinely true boxing 2 or 3 accounts.
  12. Machentoo Augur

It's a little different on truebox servers though where certain forms of automation that are ok elsewhere are explicitly not ok. For instance, since key broadcasting to multiple computers/clients is specifically forbidden on truebox, an argument could be made that an autofire that effectively does the same thing would also be against the rules (your autofire could trigger a hotkey that could assist, send pet, nuke twice, then sit back down, the same sort of thing you'd hit if you broadcast something to your mage army.) What would be the point of banning broadcasting if this sort of thing is allowed? Of course, someone could make a reasonable counter argument that it is legal within the letter of the rules since it is not specifically mentioned or excluded. Has anyone been banned for something along these lines? I have no idea, but it's frustrating that Radarx and the dev team won't give us any more clarification and that the possibility is there for them to go either way on it.
  13. Mwapo Augur

While your post is valid in theory. My post remains true. I don't know of a single person who has been banned for attended automated gameplay. Could you get banned? Maybe? If you can respond to tells though, you probably won't have any issues.
  14. Draekon Elder

They only cared about broadcasting in classic of phinigel, after kunark they gave two craps about it. Thatsmydaddy was broadcast AEing in sebilis and dunbar watched him and said he's not afk, its ok. If that guy was fine broadcasting then no one else should get in trouble. But hey its a new server they'll crack down in the beginning again and stop caring after.

Also they dont ban for unattended gameplay, at least in my experience I got caught twice and it was 72 hour suspension. I assume third strike is a ban.

And yeah attended automated gameplay, no problem. You're not afk, have a good day.

source: personal experience from ragefire and phinigel.
  15. Hdizzle Augur

Question, can you please explain the difference between broadcasting key presses to multiple pc's and playing multiple clients from one pc? I'm not seeing the difference. I think this is the crux of the discussion here. Truebox has become irrelevant to boxers and you have new players under the impression there will only be people boxing sparingly on the new TLP.
  16. Hdizzle Augur

And this too :)
  17. skattabrainz Augur

In my opinion the instances prevent a lot more grief on Phinny than does the true box rule set.

Though i do approve of the rule set.
  18. MaestroM Augur

Correct. I don't think this is a particularly controversial point. p99 has pretty well enforced no-boxing rules and it's a cesspool for raiding.

The hope is that this, in addition to pickzones, also minimizes the toxicity at the dungeon level, which it appears to have been effective in doing so on phinny (queue folks telling me about how toxic phinny is too).
    skattabrainz likes this.
  19. Dwerk New Member

Yep, 100% this. They should unlock it in LDoN. Theres enough room to not bother people once you get there. But ive also said from the beginning that completely true box is a mistake. People just hate armies. A lot of emus allow 3 boxes at once on the same comp. That is eminently more fair and better for longevity than one box per computer.
  20. Accipiter Old Timer

What about a keyboard macro abilities built in? Is it OK for me to catch up on my spell skills by afk casting True North? Or do I have to pretend to be at the computer? These are rhetorical questions.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.