WHY do people not box in this day an age???

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Baselisk, May 3, 2017.

1. Aurastrider Augur

If your such a moral crusader against any kind of a p2w model you should not support any company that supports this such as DBG. The fact that there is an in game store with things like xp pots and big bags so people can carry which equals more in game $$ means the company supports a p2w business model. So why would you support something that you dislike so much? That's like a person claiming to be a member of PETA buying a faux fur coat from a store that sells real fur coats.

Secondly if your playing on any of the premium servers you support a p2w mind set. You can afford one account which makes it ok for you to play on a premium server but the guy that would like to play there but doesn't have the cash is SOL which is totally fine by you.

Then there are all the "free" perks for being a paying member such as your monthly 500 DBC. Anyone who is so against a p2w model would certainly never claim this and if they did they would purchase items and destroy them so they are not tempted to ever use items obtained as a direct result of real world money contributions.

If we want everything to be fair all players should probably have a time limit on their daily or weekly play time so people with less available playing time don't feel like they are being punished for being productive members in RL. Raid gear should be eliminated from the game so nobody is more powerful than anyone else. Guilds should be disbanded so nobody has an unfair edge on finding a group over someone not in a guild. I could go on all day long about how one group of players has advantages over others but I think you get the point.

At the end of the day your like a Christian on Sunday morning and a sinner the rest of the week. You talk the talk but don't walk the walk and at the end of the day its just noise.
    Chatoyan likes this.
  2. Kallitank Elder

How do you know it makes it boring? Cheating? Really? You're obviously very bitter about something and it has nothing to do with your average boxer. You complain that boxers take a whole camp to themselves, on Ragefire and Lockjaw I saw tons of camps taken by one person. Was he cheating too? There is no way that an ordinary boxer has ever caused you any more trouble than just your average ordinary single character jerk out there. I'm not talking about the bot armies farming plat,they're a pain for everyone. I have loved this game for a long time and it is my stress relief from a hectic life, I don't have sufficient play time to wander around looking for groups and I don't want to hold people up with my frequent AFK. Not to mention the fact that I don't always want to necessarily do what it is that group is doing. So I make myself more efficient and box a second toon. I'm always happy to let someone join me if they like, with the understanding I might have to leave occasionally. But if I've sat a named camp for hours trying for a piece of equipment I need and you join me right before he spawns and he drops it, you're right, there is no way in the world we're rolling for it. I'll be happy to stay and help ya get the next one , but when I've put in the time and effort, the drop goes to me.
    To be honest I find most boxers to be far nicer and much more likely to help than your average player. See ya on the new server, I'll be a mage and Druid box team.
  3. Ming Tee Augur

/owned
    /endthread
  4. Rhodz Augur

5. liveitup1216 Augur

Put your picket signs down, nobody here is treading on you snowflake.
  6. liveitup1216 Augur

Yep, I replied in a thread asking why people choose to not box with my personal opinion on why I don't box. Then this guy sure showed me. Definitely changed my opinion on boxers/boxing. I am so woke.
    Ellis likes this.
  7. Illusory Augur

You must understand that you can't argue with full group boxers.
  8. sifonin Augur

Boxing != Anti-Social.

Boxing = advantage gaming.

I think that in the end, boxing is a big part of what has gotten this game to the stage where TLP's have started to dominate. In that, the cash flow from boxing is what has kept the game afloat to the point where a server like Phinegal came along and a massive community of a server was able to move forward.

Does boxing have its downfalls? For sure it does. Early on in Ragefire, we have all heard of the stories of boxers mowing through content. But let us also not forget the other side of the coin. It is a well aged game, and we are lucky to still be enjoying it (that's what I hope everyone is still doing this for... enjoyment). The game is large enough to spread out after the earliest expansions, and sometimes you just have to move to avoid the people who give the most grief.

- The Friendly Boxer
  9. Illusory Augur

Common boxer response #5.

I'd love to see some accounting data to prove this point , but I suspect you are just stating this because someone else made this very statement in another thread?

I'd just thought that I'd add some other common boxer responses,
    #1 - Don't tell me how to play.
    #2 - Who are you to tell me how to play the game.
    #3 - I'm not anti-social, I just don't want to play with other people.
    #4 - I have a family now and don't want to inconvenience groups
    #5 - (See above.)
    #6 - I don't need to justify anything to you.
    #7 - You play how you want, I'll play how I want.

You can find these very responses in other threads of similar topic. :)

( P.S. - I run 2 accounts on Phinigel myself, but I help fill real groups and my 2nd account only gets rotting items. He's a support character to help whenever needed.)
  10. sifonin Augur

So triggered
  11. Khaliss Augur

#1 & #2 Illusory, who are you to tell ANYONE else how to play the game, are you like the grand master of Everquest?
    #3 & #4 this has already been explained TOO many times on this thread... some of us "boxers" JUST don't have consistent time to play this game. Let's say I group up with you & 4 others, and I'm on my warrior as the tank... if I have to AFK because of some house chore I have to do for 15 minutes, would it be okay for the entire group to wait for me? Both you & I know that max you can tolerate is 30 seconds, then you'll drop me off the group.
    #6 & why should I need to justify how I play this game to you, are you the CEO of DBG, are you the one holding my paycheck?
    #7 That's right, last time I checked... we live in a free world (same applies to Everquest), as long as rules aren't broken... why would that be a problem?
    sifonin likes this.
  12. Khaliss Augur

OH WAIT... hey folks, news flash! we got a boxer here who hates other boxers? LOL
    Ming Tee and sifonin like this.
  13. Illusory Augur

This outlines my point on the common group boxer responses. And, I don't have a problem, it's your selective reading that assumes I do.

For example,

YOUR statement says that I hate other boxers, but not once did I make that claim, nor did I imply it. And, I understand you're looking for someone to match words with, but that won't be with me.
  14. Accipiter Old Timer

Once again, someone confuses boxer with botter.

Specifically, to #3, I have only one of my 5 characters set to loot. Everyone else is set to NO. If you join my group of 5 you have a one in two chance of loot, not one in six. This despite the fact that I have 5 mouths to feed.

Let me respond to your other points from the perspective of a true-box server (NOT RF/LJ):

1. Wrong
    2. Wrong
    4. Wrong
    5. Wrong

This might be the behavior you saw on Ragefire but it is rare on a true box server.
  15. Accipiter Old Timer

LOL, OK.
  16. Khaliss Augur

Illusory, here are several responses from you earlier on this thread when it comes to the "multiboxing playstyle":

It all started when you told me that I should go play other games cuz the multiboxing playstyle isn't for Everquest. That I've "lost my grip" on EQ as an MMORPG & boxers shouldn't be playing here, cuz this is a true social game, remember? Yep, that all came from your keyboard... I'm just quoting you here.

So now, you are telling us here that you don't hate boxers... so why'd you make the statements above then? Telling someone to pi*s off play another game says a lot about what you think of me & the others who don't share your outlook. Contradict yourself much?

Then you say you're a multiboxer too, why are you on Everquest then after all your statements above? /facepalm
  17. Accipiter Old Timer

The worst I ever encountered on Phinny was EoE. They ticked every box this guy is complaining about. They rolled into my camp, took it over, and wouldn't respond to tells. Not a word.
  18. Accipiter Old Timer

Ah, so you're a special boxer. How's the view from up there?
  19. Baselisk Journeyman

Curious as to why you play on Ragefire if you know this is that type of server, and this type of behaviour is know and expected?
    We did not see this on Phin, so as an option why not go there ?
    As many have said EQ has the option of boxing, and they even implemented Mercenaries which is really boxing with out the extra machine, I would ultra rarely see someone that doesn't have a merc ?
  20. Baselisk Journeyman

If you are just thinking black and white then you should be also thinking this way;

If you have a party of soloers - you split the loot - each person gets a share and equipment they need and extra items get rolled on and the winner will sell\keep this and advance their character. In turn each party member will need to use the cash to equip further anything they are missing, add spells, training and food/drink for EACH person/character. The also all have access to the market place to purchase anything they want to help i.e. EXP pots

So (same as above) if you run all these characters in a box party - you need to do the same thing for each character - the only thing you are in advantage of is TIME - as it will take you less TIME to complete this as you will always have a group and your GROUP will concentrate on the items you specifically need and save TIME.

There is nothing in the game currently that is pay to win that i can see. Nothing will give a specific character a GOD mode type advantage. The only thing you can pay for is to save TIME currently. This in no means takes anything away from anyone as all these time saving items are available to all. There is no advantage.

Party of solo players or the party of boxes - play the game the same way and have all the same things available no one has an advantage. This is actually fact not how someone feels about it.