Login Server Down?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Robomax, Apr 23, 2017.

1. Robomax Elder

4/23/17
    2:50 pm PST
    trying to log-in for an hour?
    This Has happen before
    They overbook the server?
    Screwing Paying customers?
    Im going to cancel again
    This is a CS issue and a Company policy issue.
    Is Day Break using the same policy as United Airlines?
    Gee that is working out well for United?
  2. Robomax Elder

Since Lankmark was canceled theirs has been an overpopulation issue on the Log-in servers. due to people returning since there wont be an EQ Next or 3 DB should have anticipated this. EQ2 has it even worse since they have smaller SHARD the same Issue
    Its either Bad management or a Trump business policy (Anti-Customer) (Bite the hand that feeds you)
  3. Robomax Elder

We on "IBM Token Ring" here LOL You have wait for for the Token to gain acess to the network! LOL. Ya you know TCP/IP has been around since the Late 70s LOL
  4. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Login issue occasionally happen. It's not overbooking it's not screwing the players. It just happens sometimes to a 17 year old game.
  5. Robomax Elder

Over 6 hrs still cant get pass the Log-in server?
  6. Robomax Elder

EVE is as almost as Old and doesn't have these Issues. And the EVE SHARD on the Weekend can still have over 50k of players online? So what your saying makes no sense. In 2 Mths I have had this issue 3 times all on a SAT and SUN. Pretty simple to increase a SHARD log-in CAP. And for Paid Product thats an excuse not a solution, Me personally 15 years of Paying and Buying EPACs so 15x12= 180 a year X 15 yaers 2700 dollars + 30 x20= 600 in EXPCs I guess that not enough for good CS? $3300 plus who knows what I spent Krono and the Store LOL
  7. Robomax Elder

Eq has about a 50 percent up-Time . Thats NOT occasionally Thats over Half
  8. Robomax Elder

Im a Paid Player Also have Been. Thanks for the excuse. And the Bad Business practice of DB. These are just facts . When People pay for Product and dont get it . The business needs to evaluate its policy and management. 1 the business will loose money 2. Customer Satisfaction of product becomes very lo people will cancel and not recommend it to others.
  9. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Would like to help you if we could since I have been logging in and out all day on quite a few accounts. Paid and free. Do you get an error? Oh wait, what is your windows program?:( They no longer support win xp and vista.
  10. Robomax Elder

No Errors
    I login from launcher sends me to the Log-in and says my Internet might be down LOL 1. If it were True I could not Launch Launcher if my ISP was down or be on forms.
    Logged Into EVE no problems Not paying for EVE right now or plying just use it as a test.
    Logged-in into G-mail
    Logged into Face book and U-tube
    Im not playing EQ through Steam Never Have. And Steam is trun off
    Rebooted Several Times
    Rebooted Router Several times (IPS sometimes Changes IP number , Thais been an Issue in the past. Rebooted the router fixes that)
    Windows defender is Open for DB and EQ
    Virus Scan is off during Game.
    Game Play fine no errors w/data base or graphics issues.
    This is now the 3rd time in 2 Mths this has happened. And only on the Weekends
    I only had this much trouble in 15 years when the game was on dial-up. And generally even Then it was on Sony's side and there would be a CS Message on Forms.
    Im using a LAN ADSL 1.0 1.4 megs per sec. Or 10MegaBits 1.4 Megs=10MegaBits.
    I tested my Box out side 14MegaBits. Thats the Max for ADLS 1.0 the 4 MegaBit loss in the house is due to the Old Phone lines in the House. Thats Normal. NetFlix Streams Video to me at 900k-1.2megs . EQ Doesn't even come close to that kind of Bandwidth usage. You can still play EQ1 on 128k ISDN or even 384k DLS with no hick-ups.
  11. Robomax Elder

It has to be a Node Hardware networking Issue on DB end. Either the Shard is Full or the Nodes are going down when people try to logg in. It works like much of the Old POP. There are so many POPs on a board once they are full you cant log in. Or if Nodes go Down or a whole Switch goes down. Some will still have Access some wont. Either the hardware needs to be replace or the Shard Cap needs to be increased . Unless DB is out sourcing the networking part of this. Then its thats company's responsibility.
  12. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

This might be of interest, further down they talk about "tail drop". I wonder why it keeps affecting you? Odd. But they also mention it could be on DB side. I don't really think it has to do with paid or free since all mine log in fine. And they are paid, free and silver and I run Alla, eq resource and some other stuff in back ground on their own web pages so I can just tab along. I notice our server has increased about 200 people each day since the heroic were given out but not affecting game play for most.
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/cant-buy-sub.239648/#post-3524654
  13. Robomax Elder

Well i can log in Now . Guess the Shard population low-enough so a paid player can connted . I have change nothing my End . And all of a sudden after 6-7 hours Im able to connect.
  14. Robomax Elder

"tail drop has to do with AFK inactive players that are logged in. They just sitting POK while there at work or something. The live servers have the dame issue peeps sitting in GL for Hours AFK doing nothing.
  15. Kharazdak Journeyman

I've been having a hell of a time with getting to the login screen, since the patch and especially today. Also when trying to enter the guild hall, or camping with one char and trying to re-enter with another, I get booted to the server select screen.
  16. smash Augur

Thats due to that guild hall = instance which is bugged!
  17. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Number of players online has nothing whatsoever to do with you being able to log in. That is now how Everquest works. They do not stop you from logging in regardless of the server population.

The only time there has been any issue was with the last TLP server Phinigel with so many trying to log in at the same time and they fixed that problem long ago.
  18. Robomax Elder

The whole is Different than specific Game servers. EQ1 uses a double log-in. 1st is the Account Log-in. Generally the amount of connects is cap at a certain point its not infinity. and 2nd is your Game-sever with your assets on it. Toon, items etc... . Game server pop cap can be done by software. Account Log-in is a little different generally its based on the number of connections that are allow by the amount Hardware (Nodes) that is set-up or AP (Access Points). Its not a Peer to Peer connection with the Game server. Also depends on other services to maintain a connection. Threat detection. Connections per IP ,DNS, HTTP, Custom Client/Server Ports ETC... Each Access Point can control about 500-1500 (Depending on your Hardware )Connects when that cap is reach then a new AP is added. Im sure EQ was custom made for its day so it wouldn't use a standard Cisco or IBM Networking Architecture. But the 7-Layer model is the same regardless of its interpretation or Implantation.