Advance Loot System questions

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by mewkus, Apr 11, 2017.

1. mewkus Augur

I'm returning to EQ and the Advanced Loot System is a new feature for me. With the default interface, I can find the Never Loot setting to keep items I don't want from showing up; however, I cannot seem to find the Always Loot to designate items I always want to loot without having to click on them (the same way it does it with coin already).

Secondly, when I'm boxing and have grouped my characters, the group loot window shows up. With it, I have to select items and transfer them to my personal loot window, and then I can loot them. Is there an easier way I can loot stuff directly, or is there an Always Loot feature for the group loot window?
  2. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

You can select the box AN = Always Need or AG = Always Greed, and when solo it will just automatically loot those items. Generally groups have members select Greed for trash/vendor loots like gems etc, and need for gear/spells they will actually use. But of course each group can have their own set of loot rules. When grouped with your boxes (or in a real group) the master looter can use the dropdown menu at the bottom of the advloot window where it says Set all to: and select auto ask/roll. Any items in the loot window will then be set to automatically roll to the group, and any character with AN/AG selected will roll. Need rolls get priority over greed rolls. There will just be about a minute delay or so after each kill before the loot is auto rolled.
    Fanra and Xianzu_Monk_Tunare like this.
  3. CrazyLarth Augur

4. Grove Augur

How does the master looter separate stacked items so that individuals may each have one?
  5. Gialana Augur

I never figured out a way. However, you can assign the whole stack to one character. Assuming that character doesn't have AN or AG checked for that item, they can then loot part of the stack and leave the rest on the corpse. To do so, they can't hit the green "loot" button. Instead, they have to right or left click on the item, which will bring up a window to select how many items to pick up. Unfortunately, whoever wants the remaining items has to manually loot the corpse. I think, it possible to distribute a stack to more than 2 characters if the second characters left clicks on the remaining stack in the corpse loot window instead of right clicking, but it's been a while since I've done this. It may be that both right and left click open up a number selector window.
  6. Swiss Augur

From my memory, you can click the little options cog and use the drop down tab to select names then to sliders or quantity box and click send to. Not the most convenient but better than nothing.

As far as looting all to your characters having "auto loot all" in options turned on speeds it up(I still use no trade confirmation), and using the "Set All To" button with your main looter's name in the drop down box will send it all to them, you can also make the window not pop up every time if you like.
    Janakin likes this.
  7. moogs Augur

Honestly just set everything you want to AG and everything you don't want to NV. Use the Need option only when there's an upgrade or a quest item, not for diamonds and other trash drops. That's fair for everyone in every group. Or never use the Need option and just speak up and ask the Master Looter to assign the drop to you directly if you really want.
  8. Gundolin Augur

Strangely, that seems to work sporadically for me. Not sure why but I often have trouble getting the quantity number to come up?

Most groups I'm in everyone sets Diamonds to need. That's about the only exception to using the AN (Always Need) setting. What you don't want to do is set to Always Need and have a drop that you don't need anymore and take it. Example for would be collectibles, I set them to Always Greed and if I get duplicates then I give them to guild or other friends. But if I notice I haven't collected it I might put that individual roll on need, until I collect one. But each time I'll move the single roll to Need, not always need.
  9. Brohg Augur

The protocol appears to be different with groups on my server. AN roughly translates to "I want to loot that" and AG to "I'll stop that from rotting I guess"
  10. Anhari Augur

You do know that you can turn the Advanced Loot system OFF, right?

I do like the convenience of not having to actually loot the corpses with AL sustem, but hey, who knows.

If you only want YOU to be the looter (as group leader you are usually the master looter), you can set the Send To: to your self for all loot, then distribute to the boxes as needed, rather than letting them "loot". I am not sure what happens when you get items that you set to NV, whether you have to set each box to be NV as well since I do not BOX as tall any more. (Last time was around LOY and the ALS wasn't active then).
  11. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

After it was introduced, that was pretty much how the existing servers used it; because why would you do anything different. Now for gear all servers tend to go with Need for if you will actually use it yourself and Greed if you are just going to sell it. It is really only new servers (mostly progression ones) that have been created since the advent of Advanced looting that I regularly see people insisting on people not just using need for most stuff they want even if they don't directly need it.
    Gundolin likes this.
  12. svann Augur

AG is only a good idea if you are always in groups where everyone does it.
    Better to just make the standard AN for anything you want otherwise in most groups you wont get vendor loot at all.
    Cakekizy likes this.
  13. Toutatis New Member

I was disoriented at first too, the UI isn't exactly user friendly. Little bonus, looting with /advl doesn't break camo/invis !
    moogs likes this.
  14. moogs Augur

Never even thought of that. But you're right, that's definitely an advantage to using it.
  15. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

The biggest advantage to Advloot is that you don't have to spend hours trying to click that stupid mob that fell partially into the world and only has a toe sticking out and has that super rare quest piece and cannot be targeted by normal means. I like the fact that when I am boxing I can set needs & greeds and then they just auto roll after some time passes. Just wish I was more trusting and would let that time pass :D instead of jumping in and sending the loots off right away.
  16. Toutatis New Member

Sure, but you could still /target and /loot with the keyboard most of the time.
  17. Brohg Augur

Why phone call? You could still walk 5mi across town to ask your brother where he left your rake.