Surname needs overhaul

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Oregeno, Apr 4, 2017.

1. Oregeno New Member

Seriously the amount of surnames that should work needs to be changed, i tried Spicemaster and Masterspice and still would not work, WHAT IS WRONG WITH THOSE ???
  2. Brohg Augur

Try "WishesHeWasBasil"
    Mykaylla likes this.
  3. Gidono https://everquest.allakhazam.com

The word Master is most likely the culprit. That is a title and part of NPC names as well which I believe are filtered in creating characters.
    svann likes this.
  4. DinkumThinku99 Elder

Go to the Support area of the web site and read the 'EverQuest Naming Policy': specifically item 6, which should answer your question.

Probably a good idea to read the whole policy to avoid wasting time on names that are certain to be rejected.
  5. Treesong Elder

I have several characters with the surname Horsemaster so maybe they have made the rules more strict since then. Or maybe you can have "master" as the second syllable in a surname which would make "Spice" the culprit in Spicemaster, breaking rule nr. 3. See dictionary.com for an explanation why, I do not think DBG wants us discussing that sort of thing here. :)
  6. Qbert Gallifreyan

It is probably because of the fact that it contains a racial epithet. As a whole word (either way in the original post), it clearly isn't, but since we are talking about an automated system, I'm sure it just looks for character strings.
  7. Reht The Dude abides...

Well clearly it's smart enough to realize that Oregano isn't the master spice. Maybe if you had named your character Salt or Pepper it might have gone through.
    Cakekizy and gnomeboss like this.
  8. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

9. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Fohpo and Thrillho like this.
  10. fransisco Augur

Just because it doesn't do what you want doesn't mean its broken...
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  11. Bamkan Augur

I was bummed when I leveled up President to lvl 20, and /surname Trump wouldn't go through :(

I don't think it's any specific with titles, I have a Vicar Vicar Vicar and a Mistress Mistress Mistress.

BTW : If you mispelt Oregano, then you might as well just mispell Spicemaster :)
  12. oldandnasty Augur

Agree, tried to give my Halfling druid his name. Studley, was fine but it wouldn't let me have Hungwell for a surname. Really disappointing. :)
  13. Belexes ForumQuester

I think I see the issue... Oregano is a herb, not a spice. :p
    Cakekizy, Corwyhn Lionheart and Brohg like this.
  14. Ishtass Augur

I'm still bummed that Journeyman Fisherman didn't come with the prefix "Bait Master"
  15. Ishtass Augur

The worst...
  16. Razzle Augur