Returned because of 85, but now what?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Orukal, Apr 2, 2017.

1. Orukal New Member

Hey, everyone. Now, I've done a bit of searching trying to find then answers to my questions, but after some futility, I gave up and decided to start this thread. If it's redundant in comparison to other threads, I would greatly appreciate if you could direct me to them so I might be able to answer my questions there.

Long story short: Started in 2000, stopped in 2006. Off and on since then. Last played for about a year and a half in 2015-16, and just now picked it back up with my wife because of the free level 85 upgrade.

We were never serious players. Only raided 4-5 times our whole careers and were content to explore a bit and grind out some green/lt. blue XP scratch to pass the time.

Simply put, what else is there to do. Actually, more plainly, I know that there is more for us to do, but I just don't know where to look. I get Teek, but was about other flags or expansion progression or anything? There are things going on in the game that I know we could be doing, but I just don't know what they are or where to begin them. What could the two of us, with mercs, do to change things up a bit? Any advice or direction would be greatly appreciated.
  2. Vizula-Emarr Elder

Just some stuff off the top of my head to get you pointed in a direction,

1) heroic adventures: if semi structed dungeon, similiar to Ldons or instanced dungeons. They give nice rewqrded exp, typically easy to do. There is a daily Ha which gives a bigger bonus. Typically try and do the Ha from gribble first (fast/easy). Also can earn gear as you go. Just look up heroic adventure.

2) buy the expansion so you have "The Broken Mirror" expansion. With this, you can do tbm progression starting at 75. Again this similiar to Ldons but the gear rewards are nice with upgrades every 5 levels.

3) hot zone killing.
    4) you could go thru the House of thule zones and do the quests/missions. Nice aug and xp for repeatable quests.

5) mix it up and have fun, try different grinding methods. No need to rush max level, its just the same stuff :)

Im sure more can elaborate and ill try to follow up any questions when i can.
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I would suggest to open your character inventory screen, find the "achievements" button - click and look through there to see what you might be interested in doing. Some of the category's in recent expansions have rewards like bags or trophy's for your yard or guild hall. Others from old content are still kinda neat. If you don't understand what to do on one then just type in the name of the task/quest/mission in google and check on Alla or EQ Resource.
  4. Duhbeast Augur

Work on progression of content. By progression, people mean partisan tasks, mercenary tasks, and doing the hero missions of each zone. The hero missions are like a group version of the raid for the zone, but they vary. You get various rewards for becoming savior of each zone, and then of each expansion. Savior is when you've done the partisan tasks, mercenary tasks, and hero missions of the zone.
  5. Kinadorm Augur

I would take a look at doing the some of the anniversary content that is currently up if it interests you. Those tasks will be going away in a few weeks and some have nice rewards and interesting storylines.
    Felicite likes this.
  6. Felicite Augur

7. Kargok New Member

This starts with the Into the Temple quest from the Mayor right? I've tried that quest twice, but the heroic adventure zone it puts me in still has several red mobs (most are yellow/white) and I haven't been able to finish it. Am I supposed to just avoid those or am I expected to be able to actually kill them? I'm using a full group that can walk through the gribble quests with no issues, but get absolutely destroyed whenever I try Into the Temple
  8. Tereil Elder

Into the temple quest should scale back to your level. I just did it last night with my 3 box heroic team. All high 80s. It was challenging. You will most likely need Crowd control, puller, and/or tank. (Bard/zerk/warr for my team) and just pluck at it for a while. Died a few times due to still learning the classes.

Also, Gribble is not accurate representation for real game difficulty (often criticized due to its ease)

Moral, read up, burn on those reds, take it slow, persevere, and you'll get it.
  9. Kargok New Member

Alright, might give it another try, I figured when I saw reds who easily destroyed my tank it was buggy or something. I've got the slows and crowd control down (running SK/enchanter/wizard, with cleric and 2 rogue mercs) so I don't think my group comp is the issue.
  10. Tereil Elder

My main group is sk/Ench/mag, works well. Did you do the Quellious part? Into the temple (a)? Also clicking "adventure" when entering through the skull in Life? The regular zone would be very brutal. The instances should have blues/whites/yellows/ and a few reds.
  11. Kargok New Member

Yeah I did the prequest, and I think the skeletons in there were all white cons, ghouls were yellow, golems were red. The only HA's I had done before I tried it were the gribble ones so I had never seen red cons on an HA and wasn't sure if something was wrong. Also I'm playing on test server so I figured it's probably common to encounter buggy stuff there.

It might be a gear issue, I'm 91 and still using mostly the gear that came with the heroic characters aug'd with the AC augs from feerrott/HoT quests. I'm not sure where to get upgrades other than spending my points from the gribble dailies, but I was hoping to save those for the lvl 95 or 100 gear (again, since I'm on test there's not really an active bazaar). Other possible issue is if there's just a major ability I don't know about...I was 88 before I realized I could buy the weapon stances AA and take 30% less dmg when using sword and board on my SK.
  12. Tereil Elder

I don't suppose you are on Test server are you? I'd help out if you were there. And yeah, weapon stances are fantastic!