Cool ideas to Make Reputation Matter Again!

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Theseus, Apr 3, 2017.

1. Theseus Lorekeeper

1. Create profiles that pop up when a player is clicked on. These profiles could show information like guild history to identify the guild hoppers and players from bot guilds. Add stats and class rankings if you want for the big ego players.
    2. Have a feedback system that can be viewed when clicking on players. You could leave comments like, "Helped me with my epic!" or "logged when the group wiped" to flag the good players and shame the crappy reputation players.
    3. Ban bad players to a prison server.
    4. Disable anon and roleplay.
    5. No tolerance for cheating software. Instant ban!
    6. Allow only one name change, per account.
    We need these!
    Grisnkh likes this.
  2. MaxTheLion Augur

/gag
    Ankarv likes this.
  3. sifonin Augur

No.
    Ankarv likes this.
  4. Ankarv Harbinger of Nightmares

"Yes allow an un-moderated system where you can post feedback visible to any other player. That will work on the internet" --Said no one ever

Sarcasm off- this hasn't worked well with the spam button, I have seen 1 person make a bunch of characters and hit spam on each to get a person marked as spam who didn't deserve marked as spam.
    It wont go over well.
    Some of the other ideas will lose DBG money which they cant really do.
  5. AgentofChange Augur

You could always play another game that might be more to your liking OP
  6. MoveFastRZ Bloodsaber

Bring back EQPlayers. Loved that site, in all its buggy glory.
    PathToEternity likes this.
  7. Gemini Syringes Augur

We don't need these. And, in fact, the playerbase on EQ could untighten its collective sphincter a little bit. There are so many rules of decorum surrounding a group invite that there are times, especially late at night that I don't bother, even though I've got another hour or two to burn. The unwritten rule that no one can get upset about dying, no one is allowed to leave a group without sending multiple warnings and replacing themselves (and not even able to leave before the replacement arrives--even when your absence would be all but meaningless!), etc. I cannot tell you how many times I've stayed up 20, 30 or more minutes than intended/warned, barely awake, nodding off, waiting for someone to replace me.

A few nights ago, I had a horrible day. I probably shouldn't have played at all, but the exp bonus was running out. I joined a group and before everyone got there, they pulled and we all died. Fine. I said nothing, tried to find a rez, failed and we regrouped and started pulling. The group fell apart a few minutes later. So I get another group. I get there, they overpull on the first pull, no CC, I die. I ask if they'll find me a rez. About a minute later, they say they tried, but they can't get a rez. I was just burnt. I grabbed my corpse, found a rez and dropped group. The guy that invited me to the group sent me a bunch of disparaging messages, cursing at telling me "I'll never get a group again on Phinny" and other ridiculous . Why? Because I had the audacity to leave a group on a video game.

So no. We don't need more ways for the community to inappropriately judge and libel each other. What a great system! Get mad at someone and then leave a bunch of gossip, real or made up, for everyone else to read! No thanks.
  8. Bewts Augur

Hot or Not Everquest Style? I think not.

My Uber rating is bad enough, I don't need more pixels reminding me how terrible of a person I am on my keyboard too.
  9. Pikallo Augur

This is from the same troll who brought the other awful idea thread about making all food no rent and permanently deleting gear when you die to a raid boss(among other terrible ideas).

While DBG has done some questionable things over time, at least I know they won't be dumb enough to implement any of these ideas - so thankfully this thread is pretty meaningless.
    Reht likes this.
  10. Reht The Dude abides...

Yeah, DBG should get right on it...once someone buys the company and decides to reinvest in the IP by hiring another 30+ designers, programmers, artists, etc. in addition to a CS team dedicated to handling all the petitions from random_butthurt_player_51 who got upset for getting a negative review because they suck and wants it changed. Bad ideas are bad...
  11. Theseus Lorekeeper

I had a dumb kid train me doing storm giant quest. We need awful ideas to make reputation matter.
  12. Rhodz Augur

The only thing that has ever worked to make reputation matter, and that includes EQplayers, was the one char limit on old FV (two for SoL).
    Like it, hate it, rep mattered as any bad behavior followed one like the plague after a while and could only be fixed by re-rolling. Say what you will it worked fairly well, not perfectly but well.
  13. Reht The Dude abides...

It also mattered on all servers before easy server transfers, back when you lost all your gear on a server transfer. Reputation also mattered when they posted ALL name changes on the SOE website. Rerolling, like Rhodz said, was the best way to overcome a bad rep.
  14. Rhodz Augur

What was happening on regular servers was some snakes would have an unguilded char literally devoted to griefing they would drag out at the slightest provocation, or just because they were bored, or to ruin some guilds raid, and attempt to wreck havoc on the chosen target(s). Thus their "main" would be clean.
    Saw this far too many times to count though if one paid attention the "owner" could be suspected but never really proven. I am sure many innocents were falsely accused and the guilty never mentioned so generally they got away with it except on FV where this required a separate account.
    It would happen on FV also just not nearly as often.
    Name changes of course eventually just made it easier but still it cost a bit at least.
  15. Accipiter Old Timer

Pretty much guaranteed that any thread that has "cool idea" in the title will be horrible. He started his other thread with something self-congratulating, too.
  16. Illusory Augur

A player feedback system in game would be abused. A prison server is useless and already implemented - it's called a temporary ban! Anonymous and Roleplay are meaningless, as there are only so many zones to hide in and /guildstatus will show your current tag and membership level. There is no tolerance for using cheating software, people just need to learn how to report properly instead of posting about it on the forums. One name change per account? That's not really an issue.... If a bad person changes their name in order to clear their previous reputation and they're willing to pay $15 for some text, let them.

If you want a public forum to name, shame, and keep track of reputation then you should create a public forum and advertise it to spread the word. Otherwise, this thread will just disappear in the next few days.
  17. Atabishi Augur

But Theseus, AoS needs the anon feature. They even use it IRL.

18. satoshibotz New Member

poor Atabashi can't keep AoS out of his mouth. What you really mean to say is. With no boxing and a reputation server, how on earth would you make money to RMT?
  19. Hateseeker Augur

Does reputation matter on Phinigel where you can't 30 box effectively and be your own raid? If not, why not? I would have thought that not being able to be your own raid would enhance the value of reputation, but I don't play on Phinigel so not sure if that's enough.
  20. Machentoo Augur

There are enough guilds that don't care what a player's reputation is as long as they contribute on raids, that no, it really doesn't matter much.