Thank you DB/Absor!!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by lastlegs, Apr 2, 2017.

1. Cleaver Augur

I found the raids and expansion to be very good. The raids were well done and the difficulty level fair. To be honest they're all probably too easy.

People like the OP just want a button to hit give me loot.
  2. Gidono https://everquest.allakhazam.com

lastlegs, what server do you play on that is having these issues?
  3. Drcmez New Member

That does not mean he is a new member to EQ. It means he is a new member to the forums. I've been playing this game 17 years now, and just recently decided to POST on the boards which requires registration.
  4. lastlegs New Member

If that is the case why have I not used any DKP? Loot does not interest me one bit.

All I wanted was a game that was playable. How can people react to all the crappy mechanics when there is 20s of lag. AB server is broken beyond beleif as and Devs just ignore the issue. It's been like it since Summer 2015. There's only so much crappy service you can take.
  5. MoveFastRZ Bloodsaber

Congrats, and I mean that sincerely. The longer you keep away, the more likely you are to put that vidya game energy into real life, and that can only be a good thing.

I salute your erect middle finger, too. That's the way to go out.
  6. MrMajestykx Augur

[IMG]
    Aghinem likes this.
  7. svann Augur

There should be an "Im Leaving" thread so that people could just reply "me too".
    Thancra and MrMajestykx like this.
  8. p2aa Augur

Let's say there are 50 raiding guilds atm serverwide that can hit EoK raid content.
    According to Lavanet, 5 months after the expansion, 24 guilds have beaten the first hard raid of the expansion, Queen raid. So half of the raiding guilds are yet at mid stage of the expansion.
    This is working as intended, the raids are easier at start for the first half, and harder for the second half.
    How it should be. Been a while it didn't happen.
    It allows low tier raiding guilds to start farming the expansion, gearing to be able to beat the harder raids.
    If you complain that you don't progress enough fast, then you have the option to join some raid guilds of a higher tier. But the low tier raid guilds will end this journey too and will finish this expansion, even if it's after next expansion started.
  9. Duhbeast Augur

I'm guessing you're on AB? There are a few guilds into tier 3 on there. If you have the skills you can see all of the content.

[IMG]
  10. MoveFastRZ Bloodsaber

To be fair, if you check the thread on the Player Support forums, it seems pretty clear that a whole bunch of people are having some fairly unacceptable problems with the AB server, and they appear to have occurred at least a few times during prime raiding hours. Whether or not that's ultimately responsible for OP's guild failing to break through, that would drive just about anyone crazy.

It's hard to get a bunch of people together in an old game, unless you're one of a very small handful of guilds. To have that effort mitigated by crashes, lag, etc. is one of the quickest ways to wind up feeling like you're treading water, and I don't think anyone fires up an MMORPG out of a desire to feel that way.

And on that note, in reply to my friend Svann up there, and in solidarity with those fellow, I am Audi 5000 from this round of EQ activity. Maybe see y'all when Agnarr's up.

DBG folks: I know you work hard under less than ideal conditions. And for that, I'm grateful. Nonetheless, I hereby exercise my right as a long-suffering player of PvP EverQuest to tell you, on my behalf and other's, in the language typically used in my current nation of residence, to get stuffed.
  11. Aghinem Augur

Just make it a sub-category under Player Support. Seriously, there isn't enough popcorn in the world for something like that.
  12. Aghinem Augur

We have a lot of people come to FV that transferred from the AB server. Maybe you should scout different servers to find one that is suitable for your 'stability' needs.
  13. Jumbur Improved Familiar

IMHO this should not be the answer to the problem, AB has serious problems with lag that needs to be addressed. Lastlegs obviously made this thread to let DGB know that there is something wrong with the game. If players feel the need to give up a sever because of stability problems, then it means that:
    a) The gameplay isn't the real problem since people can enjoy it on other servers.
    b) The players are losing faith in DBGs ability to run a stable server, this can be a devastating reputation for a game company that specializes in mmos.

If DBG doesn't do something soon, people will just assume that they are incompetent and that some of the servers are stable because of pure luck...

We don't even know if they are looking into it atm, some communication would go a long way.
    That said, I have seen some of the devs logged into AB, so maybe they are aware of it.:)
  14. Gemini Syringes Augur

What's more annoying? I quit threads or parade of white knight trolls dropping in to tell people they are unskilled? IT'S SUPER CLOSE.
  15. MrMajestykx Augur

or more new member posts than you can shake a fist at...
  16. Gemini Syringes Augur

Right? It's almost like people have multiple EQ accounts! Crazy.
    MrMajestykx likes this.
  17. Duhbeast Augur

[IMG]
  18. Fohpo Augur

The prodigal son returns
  19. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I think that part of the issue may be going from TBM raids to EoK raids was a jump in difficulty because TBM were easier raids then usual maybe EoK a bit harder. Just a guess I have never done an EoK raid.
  20. Stubar Augur

Hey Devs!

Remember that time that I quit EQ??

Wait wut? You don't?

Right! I know why you don't remember.....cuz I only told the people that I knew and I thought would care instead of making a "I'm taking my ball home" post.

At the end of the day, that's all that matters. Posts about "I hate what you've done to the game and I quit!!" and "Fix your p.o.s game!! I quit!!" are a waste of keystrokes that could be used in a much more productive way like suggestions to the devs to help with. and even.....heaven forbid...a nice PM to them asking is there is anything that is being done or if there is an ETA on a fix...etc.

Although, hater is gonna hate no matter what.