Thank you DB/Absor!!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by lastlegs, Apr 2, 2017.

1. lastlegs New Member

For curing my need for EQ and saving me tons of cash in the future!

Each and every one of your EOK raid events is tuned only for the elite few and zero fun for the rest of us. Would be acceptable if this were an expansion with a few teirs and some fun events like even hard expansioms like VOA had.

That coupled with the terrible chat lags, frequent zone and server crashes has cured my need for this crap old game.

Goodbye EQ! Thanks for running it into the ground DB.
  2. bunnie New Member

goodbye..maybe sent me a message with your user name and password to ensure you wont be tempted to come back ;)
    Felicite likes this.
  3. lastlegs New Member

Can have all 6 if you want them. Main toons deleted though to ensure theres no way I will come back to this.

EQ used to be a wonderful game and its a shame how rapidly DB are flushing it down the toilet. Ah well after being a fully paying player without break for 10+ years it feels good to get my life back and extra cash in my pocket going forwards!
  4. Shinzen New Member

Uh, that's was EQ originated as. You obviously never played through the early expansions. Hell GoD wasn't beat until OoW gave the five extra levels. Raiding was always intended to be difficult. This is not wow and never will be.
  5. lastlegs New Member

Difficult yes. Impossible because of crashes and lag? No.

Perhaps people will have enthusiasm if the servers worked correctly.

For me this is too late. My server has been largely unplayable for 18 months and DB refuse to fix it. Enough is enough. It's time to play a much more fun game called life.
  6. Tevik Augur

I mean, I get being upset for whatever reason, but this is a strange hill to die on for this expansion. The first three raids are all pretty simple and most definitely not tuned for the "elite few."
    Felicite and Sancus like this.
  7. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

This reminds me of all those old posts where it was a race to see who could post can i have your stuff first.
    Kajira and Felicite like this.
  8. lastlegs New Member

Well as I said above main characters deleted to ensure my freedom :) so those wanting my stuff are welcome to it.

Main point I wanted to make is to help those I leave behind. Simply for DB to get off their backsides and to fix the damn servers to allow people the opportunity to complete all the raids. Casting a spell or pressing a hot key and nothing for 10-20s is no longer any fun or chatting and waiting 20s to see your text is not acceptable. You can't react to the hugely complex raids with all that lag so you can't win.

It's been hit and miss for 18 months and thanks to that I am done.

The survey they sent round "would you recommend EQ to a friend" 2 years ago absolutley. Now? No way. I wouldn't wish this terrible game play on my worst enemy. Wake up DB and fix your product before you lose anyone else!!!!!!
  9. Shinzen New Member

Well, I'm sorry you saw those issues. That being said we're progressing through EoK without too many issues so /shrug.
  10. Janakin Augur

Not having any of the issues you mentioned lately. Probably messed up 5 raid nights since EoK was released almost 1/2 a year ago. Might be your router or ISP if that is constant.
  11. lastlegs New Member

Seems to only affect a couple of servers or people only reporting one or two. Only happens at raid time. No response from the company selling the product so it's put up with it or jump ship. I pity those who still choose to put up with it.

Sad thing is I wasn't even upset at deleting my characters. Two years ago I'd be devastated. This crap has gone on for too long.
  12. Vdidar Augur

It's kinda funny that at least I would say that since dbg has taken over they have actually tried to make eq a better game than it was. I'm betting that your skill level has a lot to do with anger. They don't always get it right but they are doing more than when Sony was the owner.
    Thancra likes this.
  13. lastlegs New Member

Maybe so but there has been nothing to make the server more playable during raid time.

I am angry because we are forever ignored by DB. There's only so much of that you can take.
  14. Thrillho Augur

17 raid forces have beaten the Kar`Zok, arguably the most difficult raid. That was as of 3/21 - wouldn't be surprised if other forces have beat it yet. Certainly more than the elite few.

There's more to just brute forcing your way through the raids. There are mechanics in place that prevent a raid force from simply stomping it down while their tanks cycle deflections. Having said that, there absolutely some raid forces which can better handle curve balls and mistakes than others. But there's strategy involved for the most part - and elite guilds aren't the only ones who have smart players. I've played with plenty of group-tier people who can figure out these strategies. There are also some raiders I've been with who I'm certain wouldn't even be able to get to the raid event were it not for a guild banner.

Yes these raids are tuned high. Considering the amount of an increase in everything - spells, AAs, gear - we had this expansion, it's not surprising the raids are rather difficult to do. There's still six months left before the next expansion releases (more or less?). There are going to be raid forces that stomp this out as soon as possible (ROI), and others that are just going to have to farm and grind for months.
  15. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

OK OK I will take your guys. The will have a good home with me, I don't have to have top raiding stuff, and I like tinkering around so pm me with the details:D
  16. Millianna Augur

Since the launch of EoK, some servers have been plagued with lag and crashes during typical raid schedules or heavy play time. There has been countless thread posted about server crashes and lag. While it's been better as of late, it still doesn't excuse ignoring the issue.
    Jumbur likes this.
  17. Act of Valor The Newest Member

You really registered an account because you can't beat an event that other people haven't have problems with in a few months? You need gear, competent players, and good leadership. That is what the guilds that have beaten the events have to some degree. Find out what your weakest is, and try to correct it. This isn't Daybreak's issue here.
  18. lastlegs New Member

Have beaten it a few times but the lag and crashing makes it exceptionally difficult if not down right impossible some times so I would say crap servers is DBs issue isn't it?

This is an old account... just never felt the need to post on these boards before.

Any way balls to it. EQ uninstalled. Not my issue anymore.
  19. Act of Valor The Newest Member

Kajira likes this.
  20. lastlegs New Member

That is the first date I registered the account on the forums. Ive never felt the need to post here before. This account is over 12 years old. It just happened to be the one I was logged into when I cancelled a couple of weeks ago and made my first post about the lag.

Whatever ill go with what you say since you are obviously correct.

But that isn't what I wanted to discuss. DB need to wake up and fix the lag and the crashes for the people who still play before its too late.