What happens to the classes after velious?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by steiner, Mar 29, 2017.

1. steiner Augur

probably important to know before picking classes for agnarr.
  2. MoveFastRZ Bloodsaber

Inevitably, most of them unite to overthrow the evil bourgeois and establish a workers' utopia, marking the beginning of the post-historical era of human development.
  3. Gnog Elder

Rogues get a huge boost in dps and utility. Beastlords also get infinitely more viable.
    Fhiele likes this.
  4. DariyaVika Augur

Wizards get even better with PoP.
    Clerics become even tankier with the right aaxp.
  5. malaki Augur

Wizards get some things and are still really good dps relative to the other dps classes other than Rangers. In the era that Agnarr will lock in Rangers will be king.
  6. Rhodz Augur

It is easy to forget a lot of class balancing was going on in those xpaks which is one problem with the way they implemented progression. Rangers will be pretty good in PoP+ but if you dont like the play style they are forced into that doesnt help much.
    Generally things are a moving target and that xp rate means bringing up alts to fit that final lock is easier.
    We normally bring up our casters first then PL any other classes desired. Thus another reason for Enc/Dru first time through.
  7. eqenthusiast1983 Elder

Rogues still irrelevant compared to monks and rangers. Monks dominate from start to pop, and they have many more uses. Rogues are useless until SoS and then only good for dragging corpses. Even the best equipped rogues will not compete with the best equipped monks and rangers.
    Sumonerr_Tunare likes this.
  8. Gnog Elder

How do you not realize this was a troll post. /.0.\
    Sumonerr_Tunare likes this.
  9. Razzle Augur

PoP is the era of the Ranger. Wizards are still cool though. Monks no longer are so dominating over the other DPS classes like the first few xpacs as the gap narrows in PoP.
  10. Bewts Augur

Rangers suck through Velious. Stronger in Luclin, borderline OP in PoP.

Mages and Wizards continue to improve with a whole new set of spells/pets 61-65.

Druid and Shaman are viable healers putting less of a premium on clerics in GROUP content. Clerics still the king of raid healing.

BL improve overall with better itemization and some AA to improve their DPS. They're still a utility hybrid at this point.

Rogues still struggle to parse well, changes to melee seems to have had them lag more while classes others improved.

Monks continue to do well, almost too well considering all their utility built into FD and mend. This is more a story of the rogue though, monks are working as intended - rogues are not.

Hybrid tanks see a bit of improvement here, particularly as their aggro abilities do wonders in group content. Warriors still king of raid mobs thanks to still being the only class with a defensive ability. Those hybrids with DA hammers are excellent rampage tanks.

Bards become amazingly strong pullers instead of simply a kiter or afk buff bot someone totes around.
  11. Rhodz Augur

Like any TLP one has to have idea where they wish to end up.
    If committing long term to a server, as a stand alone account what one does and how is very different than if running two as a duo or box, or even three etc.
    If I wanted to be raid puller long term it would be Bard even though Monks do better for the first few xpaks. PITA really but nothing to do about it.
    At least people will be able to level relatively quickly if they change their minds or situations.

But if you have no clear idea of a plan then just play what you like and try to be well liked and a respected player. Actually that works even with a plan ;)
  12. jeskola pheerie

confirmed Beastlords get infinitely more viable after Velious.
    Fhiele likes this.
  13. eqenthusiast1983 Elder

Still butt-hurt about rolling a rogue on phinny.

The glory of agnarr will bring new beginnings, never again will I touch the most useless class in eq, the rogue.

I think my final decision this round of TLP will be cleric/bard, going to get my son on as well can't decide on getting him to play a monk or war, I figure a melee will be easier to pick up for a kid who's never eq'd. Plus I can guide him through pulling or tanking, whichever way we go.
  14. Typucm Elder

So in classic Beastlords not strong? :))
    Anyway not think we can play BL till Luclin :))
    jeskola likes this.
  15. Juzam Djinn Elder

Necros get 2 more dots to add to the rotation and have a pretty good DPS increase. Also get some very good AA's to help with raid and solo content. I cant wait to show on the healing parse with exceptional heals from lifetap hehe.
  16. jeskola pheerie

In Classic, Beastlords rank just a hair lower than Rogues...
  17. Semah Augur

After Velious

School's out for the summer
  18. -wycca Augur

I'd bet on the monk, not ranger, for Angarr's lock period for top raid dps by a good chunk. People seem to forget that it locks in LDoN, not PoP, and yes, raid Monks will handily dominate that era more than they already are. I'd also expect Rogues to be ahead of Rangers in dps in ideal circumstances. Not to say that range afk dps at 90-95% of Rogue dps isn't still better, just an absolute numbers thing.

Group dps, I'd probably bank on Ranger. Hard to argue with that package.
  19. Ethereal Augur

I would argue that in Classic, Beastlords are still better than Rogues.
    jeskola likes this.