Returning Player...SK questions I have

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Thordus, Mar 30, 2017.

1. Thordus New Member

I took advantage of the free heroic char, and chose an SK. It took a while to learn the class but I finally feel confident in my abilities. I was lucky enough to find a couple grp mates who showed me around (HOT, Grounds, MMM ect..) and they basically PL'ed me to lvl 90. I am currently in HOT entrance killing snakes and dogs with healer merc (I did do the J5 merc quest), what can I look for as far as gear upgrades? I understand heroic armor is basically lvl 80 and all the defiant gear i gather is not as good as Heroic. Where can I find some decent tanking gear?

Also I was told the SK epic is basically soloable now, and I should focus on that soon, which I will do. Is there any type of weap/gear I can quest for that would be a good upgrade to what Heroic I already have? I dont think I have the funds to straight up purchase from Baaz, I only have about 100k total across 3 toons.
    Thank you for any guidance you all provide
  2. Tereil Elder

At 92 you can get fear touched armor. The box for making it is reusable, 13k in shard's landing. Epic. Epic. Epic. Lol. Do the mercenary quest in feerrott, the dream and also HoT, will give you 30ac augs for each slot. Make use of the anni quests to get Miniature Horn of Unity and Brasse's stein (PoK gate), shimmering black pearl aug, zeuria slide (18th anni quest), Binden Concerritium (spelling?) clicky gate to PoK that uses reagent (non anniversary quest starts in Tranquility).
  3. Thordus New Member

Thank you for the response, I have gathered some Augs in HOT snakes and dogs quest and put them in the Heroic Armor, i will continue to look for more. As far as the Fear touched armor... a quick google search leads me to believe this is crafted gear? or is it drop as in I could farm for the pieces? will some be on the Baaz? Also the Stein you mentioned, after googling, shows no use or stats... what it do?

Thanks again
  4. Tereil Elder

The pieces are dropped from Rain of Fear zones, or baz bought, and inserted into the synthesis chamber bought in Shard's for your class specific version. Look up Rain of Fear group armor in google and use the zam or eqresource charts to see SK version.
  5. Thordus New Member

Thank you.. will do
  6. Thundun New Member

If you do Heroic Adventures you build up currency that buys items from vendors in corrupted EK. That's how I've been gearing since about 80 or so, and it's worked ok. I'm sure there's better stuff out there, but you level so quick I doubt it's worth too much trouble.
  7. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

If you buy the latest expansion, you can buy TBM gear from Plane of Health vendors. It is very cheap, and you can continue to upgrade the gear right up to 105. I think it is by far the simplest, fastest, and probably cheapest way to keep yourself geared up as you level.
  8. Spellfire Augur