Recovery of OLD characters

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Smartchix, Mar 29, 2017.

1. Smartchix New Member

Just thought I might pop through and play for old times sake and see if I wanted to restart my account. I remember the account email and my main characters. Any chance of retrieval?
  2. Lamarye New Member

They can retrieve it providing nothing happened to it during the server merges or at least they were still able a year or so ago. I had one retrieved I hadn't played since 04.
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

go here: https://help.daybreakgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/217481518-How-do-I-recover-my-account-

read carefully and don't give them you freakin family history of how the dog ate your sister:( Just the facts mam".You may need to make a new free account to file the petition thingy. That gives you time to check out the starting zone of gloomingdeep and kinda see how things have changed.

If you know your password you can go here and see what server you would be on now or just log into each server till you find your guys.:https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/dude-wheres-my-char.194556/

Welcome back!
  4. DinkumThinku99 Elder

Reviving an old account rather than starting a new one does have some nice advantages;

I came back after 16 years and my old account was still around, including all my old characters. It had several years worth of Veteran Rewards and Loyalty Point, plus my account was Silver (before I went All Access) which gave me some nice perks over a standard Free-to-Play account.

I did decide to start all new characters, partly because I wanted to try new races and classes I hadn't played before (some didn't even exist 16 years ago), and partly because my old characters were pretty poorly equipped by current EQ standards.

I still have the same E-mail address, so all I had to do was use the option on the log-in screen to reset my password and I was good to go.