Iksar Warriors

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Sissruukk, Mar 29, 2017.

1. Sissruukk Rogue One

I don't see many (well, haven't seen any) around. Any reason why one would not be one, other than just not wanting to be a lizard?
  2. Kittyzerk Lorekeeper

Because they are ikky
    Brohg and fransisco like this.
  3. Tereil Elder

Personally, and I know this is pretty heretical of me, I have never been fond of iksar. I didn't like cabilis when it came out, didn't like the models, nor the armor looks.
  4. roth Augur

Racial bonuses are, generally speaking, inconsequential. I think the two most important racial bonuses may just be Sneak (for those races that get it), and an ogre's frontal melee stun immunity. The regen on both iksar and trolls is minor at best, the AC from iksar is tiny enough to be meaningless, Hide is useless given how many means there are to obtain an invis that lets you move around. Other than that there's .. cultural? Wood Elves and Karana followers both get a leg up on Fletching through their cultural, otherwise, there isn't any real benefit to being one race or another Culturally speaking. Faction, especially for the starting cities, has not meant anything for over a decade now.

Thus, the main reason for picking a race is aesthetics. And many people prefer one race or another over the iksar, aesthetically speaking.
  5. Sissruukk Rogue One

LOL

Thanks Roth. I was just wondering if there was a racial mechanic that people were avoiding, or were just not fond of playing one because of "looks." I guess I am part of the few, the proud, the Iksar Warriors then!
    Tereil likes this.
  6. MoveFastRZ Bloodsaber

I've always seen plenty of Iksar warriors, legacy of the days when the AC bonus was highly meaningful.
  7. Tucoh Augur

I'd switch from Barb to Iksar if I could get an illusion I liked. If I'm going to farm for weeks for a Tear of Alaris for its 35AC or whatever, switch races to Iksar might be worth it!

Don't we get an AA that gives us the same frontal stun immunity ogres have?
  8. fransisco Augur

yes, tanks do.
    Ogres have no inherent advantage as a tank race after lvl 65 or so.
  9. Lianeb Augur

It is still quite meaningful for those that watch Magelo rankings, I guess.