@EQDev - Fippy Darkpaw Anniversary events not given

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by FurySoul, Mar 28, 2017.

1. FurySoul Augur

based on the information provided to: https://everquest.fanra.info/wiki/Anniversary

Fippy Darkpaw is currently on TDS, so based on the info, the server should have every anniversary event except those that require: The Broken Mirror and Empires of Kunark.

Any chance of looking into this for us?

For Progression servers, the following anniversary content will be available on the dates listed above:
    • All anniversary events from 5th–13th anniversaries, such as fabled, the scavenger hunts, tasks, and raids will be available if Veil of Alaris unlocked on server.
    • All Player Designed Missions from the 14th, 15th, 16th, and 18th anniversary will be available if Rain of Fear unlocked on server.
    • Plane of War Mission "War Games" from 15th anniversary will be available if Call of the Forsaken unlocked on server.
    • Gnome race from the 17th anniversary will be on all servers no restrictions.
    • Hate's Fury Raid from the 17th anniversary will be available if The Broken Mirror unlocked on server.
    • 18th anniversary content will be available if Empires of Kunark unlocked on server.

PS: As a side note, its now been around 5 months that Fippy Darkpaw has been in The Darkened Sea expansion without a guild hall portal stone: Drowned Katta Castrum Powerstone. http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=120398
    PathToEternity likes this.
  2. Seraphix Elder

Bump for our Fippy population. These 7 people deserve better.
    Ethereal, Fhiele and nagash101 like this.
  3. Machentoo Augur

Granted it's not a high population server, but if they're going to keep it open, having it work right would be nice. Especially for stuff we only get one shot at till next year...

And it's a bit more than 7 people...
    FurySoul likes this.
  4. FurySoul Augur

It could be +1 more if Seraphix came to play !!! =D
  5. Phinny's Dark Knight New Member

Your percentage of monthly developer time on Fippy should be relative to how much money you bring in.

So about 1 hour a month, and if were being real, Fippy hasn't gotten 1 hour a month of attention for the last 36 months.

It is time to start choosing your battles. Is this really a big deal?
  6. FurySoul Augur

Considering we dont ever really call to attention anything unless its a big deal, and history shows we dont have that many issues (since the server is basically a copy of live minus expacs)

Also, seriously how hard can it be to turn on the mechanics that disabled the anniversary events anyways? they intended to give us those events anyways. And any fix they do now is a fix for future TLPs as well.

The TDS guild hall portal stone should be like a 1 minute fix. allowing a vendor to show an item that it already has but is hidden.
  7. Prathun Developer

According to the event data, the 17th AV Hate's Fury Raid is disabled and the 18th AV Tsaph's Day Off quest is disabled. None of the other anniversary events appear to be disabled via event restrictions.

The 14th AV spawns are mostly restricted to House of Thule with a few restricted to Rain of Fear. Since the event won't try to spawn anything until Rain of Fear, they are effectively restricted to Rain of Fear. Added meaningful alt tags to these task and mission givers so they match the other anniversary PDM content. Like "14th Anniversary Mission"
    I see the 15th and 18th anniversary PDM givers in PoK.
    I see that Tipsy Teena is up in Ak`Anon (Gnome race) and I saw the broadcasts announcing the start and end of the race that occurred this evening.
    I don't see most of the 16th AV mission givers. I believe their spawn requirements were implemented incorrectly as they required that the Darkened Sea and The Broken Mirror be unlocked. (?) I've removed the spawn requirements entirely so these will activate when the event triggers.

Edit: looked into this further and made changes.

Thanks for letting us know.

This is actually related to something I'm working on currently, so it was convenient to check on it now. :)

This will require an update before these changes are visible on Live.
  8. FurySoul Augur

Thank you. We all really appreciate the time you are giving us to help with the issues.
  9. Machentoo Augur

We don't have that many battles to choose from, Prathun's response was 95% of what we were looking for. So I'll take our 1 hr of dev time for the last 36 months and be happy.
    FurySoul likes this.
  10. Heartland Augur

Didn't you get banned? Did you create another forum account to skip a ban?
  11. Discord Ocean of Tears Conservationist

So bitter.
  12. Garten New Member

#FippyLivesMatter
  13. FurySoul Augur

So the servers are back up but the 16th Anniversary mission givers in PoK are still not in. Was this intended?

Also the drowned katta powerstone is still missing from the guild halls.

EDIT: Things are worse now than they were before the "fix." We lost the Plane of War 15th anniversary task and the only 16th that was available, - Shared Task (Mission): Liquid Courage

EDIT2: The tasks mentioned in my edit have populated finally. 10 minutes after servers came back and like 45 minutes up zone up time.Seems the server is back to exactly how it was before the maintenance, good or bad...
  14. Machentoo Augur

Prathun,

After the server downtime this morning, the quest giver for the Plane of War "War Games" mission is not spawned. It was up before the downtime and is supposed to be available for us, as per the above discusssion. Not sure if this has anything to do with the changes you've made, but it seems things are moving in the wrong direction.
  15. Machentoo Augur

Scratch that, the missing guys came up after about an hour.
  16. nagash101 Augur

+1
  17. Seraphix Elder

Don't threaten me with a good time, FurySoul. ;)
    FurySoul likes this.
  18. Machentoo Augur

It's a promise, not a threat. Thogg will make it a good time for you, he promises.
    FurySoul likes this.
  19. Ethereal Augur

[IMG]
  20. Kragin Augur

When you beat an arx raid with 14 mains, idk some of us like a challenge : D