Will Agnar release date be posted in the "News" section?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by -Denizzen-, Mar 28, 2017.

1. -Denizzen- Lorekeeper

Hi folks,

Just looking for an official word at a scheduled/projected release date for this glorious new server?!

Also, does anyone know how Legacy items will work? I never had a chance to get into Phinny cuz I felt so very far behind when I tried to start (PoP release), so I may be speaking out of my here but my understanding was that certain servers didn't have any legacy item drops?

Curious how this will work on Agnar.

Waiting impatiently for this one to drop :)

Regards,

Tildadar Angelbane / Denizzen Squirrelbeater - Scourge of Quellious - <Vis Maior>
  2. AgentofChange Augur

Probably, I wouldn't put it past them to just accidentally have it show up on the server select page one day though either.
  3. Tachyon Augur

Phinny had legacy items drop in era so I imagine they will do the same here.
  4. Haladan Lorekeeper

Would love to get a more specific ETA on Agnarr as well. I'm currently assuming somewhere around 3rd June since at the time for Ragefire they also announced it as "early summer" ..
    Am silently hoping for somewhere closer to mid May though ;)
  5. AgentofChange Augur

Dark elf mask drops for like 126 days or some random number like that, then stops dropping (well it changes from the guise to the mask of deception). Same deal with things like the pre-nerf fungi staff, circlet of shadows etc. They drop for a while then stop, or switch to their post-nerf versions.
  6. Tachyon Augur

Something like the 23rd would be nice as it'd give us working folk Memorial Day weekend!
  7. Galleyan Augur

Yeah, I'll agree that a date, even a tentative one (beyond just "may or june"), would be great just to keep the hypu levels at a comfortable level.
  8. -Denizzen- Lorekeeper

So I haven't missed any official updates from what I'm gathering. I'd imagine they'd put it on the main page for Daybreak or something like that?
  9. Galleyan Augur

Yep. Nothing official. They said in the livestream that they are shooting for "end of May or beginning of June." That's as close to a time frame as we have.
  10. RadarX Augur

When we have a date to put out to the public, we'll make some noise about it for certain.
  11. Kroak Journeyman

Well, unless they open by mistake before then, anyway.
  12. nagash101 Augur

Seems like the sooner the better for most folks creeping the forums.
  13. Agnarr New Member

I feel like early May will be the best choice..a lot of people are very interested especially a huge gulld on p99 but the release date needs to come out so the hype will stay real..this server has the potential to bring in a lot of people but hopefully they don't wait until June..
  14. Razzle Augur

They probably wait till first week of June but we could get lucky and start earlier.
  15. Basak Augur

The weeks of the 12th and 19th of June are the two weeks generally schools have their last day. First day of summer is June 20th. The announcement said early summer, which going by that would be mid-late June.

However, I could also assume the term Summer is just a figure of speech which would indicate the first week of June would be the logical launch date as June is considered by some to be the beginning of summer despite school last days and the official first day of summer being later in the month.

On that, I could also assume they will launch prior to June to give Adults without children in school or people who don't have school altogether to get some time in before school lets out in order to stagnate the amount of people entering the server over the summer. By estimation it would launch mid-late May, either May 23rd/24th or May 30th/31st.

Having said that, I'd prefer if it launched tomorrow. =P
  16. Haladan Lorekeeper

How about an announcement for April fools tomorrow? .. wink .. wink ;)
  17. Gidono https://everquest.allakhazam.com

Traditionally if they announce a server is going to be released during early summer then it's the first week of June.
  18. Typucm Elder

How Agnar server depend of it?
    Most ppl who wait this server are 25+ years old (if not 30+) and not in school anymore :)
  19. Basak Augur

That is an assumption.

Not everyone waiting for this server are 25+ (or 30+) years old. I know a few under 18 that are looking forward to it an excited, they are in school. Also, not everyone 25-30+ are not in school, I am in school now, and I am closing in on 40.

There are people older than me in school, like my friend who is 87 and is in school, of which is also looking forward to the server.

So your statement while is possible, is not probable and is merely an assumption based upon the commonality of the type of people who played the content when it was new compared to the average age-range of those excited people for the server now.
  20. bodes Augur

May 24, 2017

Maybe May 17 to avoid being too close to Ragefire's POP unlock on May 29