Worth doing pre PoP content on live?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Credge, Mar 27, 2017.

1. Credge New Member

I've got a trio that I've got mercd out and am considering reliving some early dungeons but only if they are viable. Places like CB, Guk, Unrest, Mistmore, Befallen, Warrens, BB, etc.

I don't expect sick loot to drop from the mobs but I was wondering if money drop rates or other goodies were added to old world content. I know about the hotzone list. Are those still worth checking out as well?

I ask because my 30 something enchanter has a ton of money that I never saw on my mage back before velious.
  2. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I would guess oldschool zones are viable gearwise since defiant gear drops there too, and hotzone augs are always good for lowlevels.

No clue about plat-drops though.
    However, some Items and quests in the TSS expansion are too good to skip imo.
  3. Tereil Elder

Platinums are indeed easier to get than they were back in the day due to newer drops, such as defiant, that sell for more. I remember at launch, getting the money to pay for your spells/armor/abilities was a major challenge. Now you can go to the tutorial and make a good chunk. Definitely enough to pay for spells.
  4. Tucoh Augur

I know I've heard the Hole is still one of the best places to level at that level range, but who knows if that's still true.

I doubt any zone is much better than any other zone that you can kill quickly at. There's no reason not to go to unrest, crushbone, befallen, city of mist and just relive it. Even if for whatever reason there was a particular LDON mission or camp spot that's 2x faster leveling, you don't want to do the same thing for days and you'll only be able to "really" enjoy zones while they're level appropriate.
  5. Elsewhere Elder

Do the older content because it is different and unique, not for the loot or because it is the "best" experience.

Go to zones like Velks, TOFS or Plane of Mischief, which are completely unique, rather than generic_outdoor_zone_05 (Most outdoor zones are just plain ole bland, with nothing to differentiate them from other generic bland outdoor zones. Examples being LOIO, Dreadlands, Overthere, all of which are pretty much identical)

Given how good and frequent defiant drops are, you don't really need much PP to drop to gear yourself until difficulty ramps up at 55-60. Given how fast you level, only buy the bare minimum in spells too, and keep the money