Shaman Nerf

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Lvana, Mar 15, 2017.

1. Lvana New Member

I am usually not one to complain because I know it will fall on deaf ears, but this is beyond acceptable. Okay for the most part I do agree the dots were over powered but taking it in more then half is silly. If it would have been dropped by 30% we would have actually been able to dps on the level of a bard! Now we are pretty much back to useless. Shm's are at best poor healers with out group heals taking so long to refresh, terrible dps again after the nerf, and poor Adps with only having our epic and roar spell. This was actually the first update worth mentioning since our 2.0 was made. I mean out best things to give praise to since the 2.0 was our VP root, poor recast time group heals, and a rain heal that was even nerfed!

Now the thing that I think irritates me the most is our swift dots have stacking issues with our duration dots, this was the boost we got to our dps was being able to use the swift dots along with our duration dots. So making them have stack issues really did nothing to help our dps with the increase of the few spells we can cast now without stacking issues. I know the concept of a shm actually being able to root rot a mob is unheard of but I used to be able to stack 10 dots and use 20% mana and mobs would die. Now I cast the 7 dots we are allowed that stack and use 40% mana and the mobs gets to 18% to 34% depending on the crits. If you are going to cut the DPS the dots are going to do by 1/2 you should have cut the mana cost the same amount.

Next our synergy is also useless with the proc effect. Would have been much more useful to have been an adps type of proc for 12 seconds. Something like 25% of the effect of the shm 2.0 for 12 seconds.

If the goal is to make shamans a pure healing class, then do it instead of retarding everything and just get rid of the damage line of spells already. Pick up our healing ability to be able to use our group heals every 5 seconds and our regular heal cast time reduced to 1.0 without a long refresh.
    chocster likes this.
  2. Lasii-Rathe New Member

Shaman I'd consider a better healer than cleric in many instances.

Stacking Roar of the Lion and Shear of Renewal alone, can keep my tank up on singles, sometimes double pulls. Personally I love shaman synergy on raids with bard, because it brings my dichotomic back to it's pre-nerf healing ability. Shamans and druids should not be doing insane DPS. No priest should be able to solo a mob in EQ.
  3. Minato Augur

Much love as i have for clerics (huge roles) id still rather have a shaman for the massive amount of support they offer between adps cures debuffs and heals. Your role hasnt changed and this was to be expected when shamans were matching/beating necros on parses. Simply put you cant have the best of both worlds
  4. Runzen Elder

So as a shaman I have an issue with this. We are by far one of the better healers in the game ... clerics / druids both have rolls but as far as the group game shamans are better imo and yeah I'm biased..

Every class in the game can solo to some extent ... shamans have always been able to solo period. If you don't think so come find me on Xegony ill show you.

While I agree the damage had to be toned down a little we should be able todo with dots what a druid can do with nukes. Both are multi use classes and if played in a particular manner can do just about anything in the game.

Really don't think we want the best of both worlds, however, shamans have always been a dotting class and over the last several expansions our dots have become complete crap. adps / debuffs / healing and cures are not at all the only things we are good for. A shaman or druid is an adaptive class we can fulfill many rolls in a group situation or a raid. Hell shamans can be great pullers / tanks / cc / heals / dps all depending on the situation.
  5. Bellona New Member

Being a Shaman I laughed when I saw you say at best poor healer so many times in group its been me saving the tank or dps from dieing then it was cleric. Maybe you need to learn how to heal as a Shaman rather then just go off saying we are poor healers. Yes the dot stacking sucks but we were doing alot more dps then we were ever intended to do. We have been and always will be a support role not a dps role so I really dont see where your complaint is.