Returning Player & Questions

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Denalorn, Mar 9, 2017.

1. Denalorn New Member

As title says, I'm a returning player and I've got some questions.

It's been 5-6 years since I last played, and I only played for a few months then so I still have a lot to learn.

Basically I have a lvl 60 monk, and another character I am leveling with a friend (Another new player) on bertox-saryrn.

Mostly I'm curious what I should be doing. Right now on the monk I'm kind of bouncing between City of Mist and The Hole just farming some AA's, I think im at like 60 or something not very many.

How long should I farm AA's before trying to level again?
    Are there better places for me to be at 60?
    Should I even bother farming AA's at this level?
    Which AA's should I focus on as I level? Or which are more important to actually HELP me level. (Generalized question: Defensive/Offensive/Utility)

Some of the defense AA's seem superfluous with the healer merc.

I've tried Innovention, and Disease - they seem pretty slow compared to CoM or the hole. I'm pretty familiar with everything up to PoP - but after that I have little experience.
  2. moogs Augur

Welcome back. Is your account F2P/Silver or do you have a Gold subscription? Only asking because there are limits on AAs if you don't have a sub, and the Auto Grant feature that comes with a sub will save you many hours of grinding.

Generally speaking, if you are having a difficult time surviving, go with Defensive AAs (Combat Agility, Combat Stability, etc.) If you are doing okay, then start putting points into Offensive abilities to speed up the kill rate.

Make sure to put augs in your weapons. You can get some from the vendor in Crescent Reach (I think they are in each home town, actually) or the Dragons of Norrath camps in Lavastorm.

The Hole is pretty good. Grieg's End is still pretty good into the low 60s. Then I switch to Splitpaw (Infected Paw), which is great until 70. So is Plane of Fire. Make sure to get a full set of buffs before you head out. At 61 you can receive much better buffs than you could at 46. At 65 you can receive level 95 buffs, and at 70 you can receive level 105 buffs. I may be wrong on that, but that's pretty close.
  3. Denalorn New Member

I am a subscriber currently - I didn't notice the auto grant feature.

Just tried it out and got 300 something AA's LOL.

So basically just focus on leveling.
  4. moogs Augur

You got it.