Essential Quests for New Characters

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Xailia, Mar 6, 2017.

1. Xailia New Member

I am helping a few new people level up and also walking them through some old expansions. In doing so I started to write down all the critical quests to do regardless of your class. Also critical items to get. This is what I came up with, let me know if there are more:

Quests:
    1. Epic (just for fun)
    2. DoN Progression - Resist AA
    3. SoD Progression - T5 Merc

Items:
    1. Wand of Imperceptibility - Shrink
    Felicite and Pristine like this.
  2. Tereil Elder

I personally think the Fisherman's Companion and the holiday bait pail are required, but that's just me.
    Pelrond, Jyve, Cakekizy and 3 others like this.
  3. MaxTheLion Augur

Bracelet of the Shadow Hive > Wand of Imperceptibility.
  4. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

5. Ankarv Harbinger of Nightmares

MPG trials
    Felicite and Gundolin like this.
  6. Triconix Augur

Hero's Journey. What is the point of EQ if you don't have a drakkin illusion clicky?
  7. Fohpo Augur

I'm fairly sure you can also do the Feerrott, The Dream version of the J5 merc now even if the character isn't heroic?
    Felicite and Gundolin like this.
  8. Hellboy007 Augur

tis true.
  9. Fohpo Augur

I did that one on my bard the other day, took like 10 minutes. If your toon is ~90-95+ you can basically steam roll it.
  10. runecrow Elder

Off the top of my mind, these have been essential for my PC (78 Wizard):

1. Wand of Imperceptibility
    2. Fisherman's Companion + Hargar Brand Fishing Pail
    3. Featherweight Satchel of the Courier
    4. Star of Eyes
    5. Journeyman's Boots
    6. Serpent Seeker's Charm of Lore
    7. Bracelet of Clay (only usable by Mages, but so wish I could get my hands on an unlimited clickable Eye of Zomm would be so useful for scouting)
    Gyurika Godofwar and Pelrond like this.
  11. runecrow Elder

Oops, went to edit and accidentally quoted my own post.
  12. Fohpo Augur

There's a couple items that are better than Wand of Imperceptibility simply because of cast times.
  13. Xikteny Augur

Clockwork Automaton -- note that they have no timer group. You'll have Aspect of Zomm pretty soon anyways, though.
  14. runecrow Elder

Okay but are they usable by what classes? What are they so I can get one? I remember looking at a list once and went with the wand as my best shot. Can't get the Bracelet of the Shadow Hive, it's too much for my level.
  15. Fohpo Augur

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/spell.html?spell=345
    http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/spell.html?spell=1874

Not sure what server you're on, but if you're on FV hit me up in-game. I'll run some instances a few times and see if we can't get one of the other items. Jimmydiesel or Fohpo
  16. hein Augur

Am I understanding this correctly? There is another quest you can do to get a J5 Merc, and you don't have to have a paid subscription to use it?
  17. Fohpo Augur

I'm not 100% about the subscription, my understanding was to use any J merc you had to have a sub but there is definitely another quest for J5 now.
  18. Tereil Elder

Yep. Need paid subscription, or test server.
  19. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

There are 2 quests to get the J5 merc. One is easy but only can get at level 85 heroic or not. The other is harder but can be done at level 75. BOTH require paid subscription.
  20. Gialana Augur

To be more specific, you can do the quest without an All Access account, at least the SoD (not sure about the Feerrott quest). But you won't be able to hire or employ the journemen mercs until your account is All Access.

Not that it's terribly useful, but doing the particular SoD progression for J5 mercs only unlocks J5. The quest in The Feerrott opens up J2 through J5.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Felicite like this.