Healer Merc - spell line up sucks

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Weake Aggro, Mar 1, 2017.

1. AnzoRagespirit Augur

Why aren't their DD spells on their line up...Just wondering >:)
  2. Brohg Augur

[Thu Mar 02 02:15:22 2017] You are bathed in a holy light. You have been healed for 45516 points.

maybe re-"calculate" the rest of this?

Sancus likes this.
  3. Sancus Augur

I never said their spell casting was optimal, just that it has not changed. Mercs have always used Convalescent Splash, regardless of whether or not it was the best choice.

Regarding the effectiveness of their lineup, no merc follows an optimal rotation. That's the price you pay for playing a merc (among a great number of other drawbacks). As far as mercs go, healer mercs are likely the most effective tbh.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  4. Weake Aggro Lorekeeper

Hey guys.. a little update after Rowanoak got a hold of me..

The problem is most likely not the merc line up.... but I was able to achieve what I wanted.

problem 1 : log file was 700 meg on one toon and 300 meg on other toon
    problem 2 : WIndows 10 Antivirus Defender was scanning both instances of my Eqgame.exe causing my pc to stutter.
    problem 3: lack of blocked spells

Fix 1: Rename log files
    Fix 2. add eqgame.exe to the executable exception under defender settings
    Fix3. Blocked these spells
    • Promised Rehabilitaion Rk. II
    • Convelescent Splash Rk. II
    • Ardent Elixir Rk. II
    • Ardent Light Rk. II
    This forces the merc to cast better spells in my opinion
    An unearthed monstrosity on 3/2/2017
    Nodella - 13
    --- Fervid Renewal Rk. II - 1
    --- Spiritual Remedy Rk. II - 5
    --- Word of Greater Reformation Rk. II - 7
    Produced by GamParse v1.5.2.0
  5. Slippry Augur

You shouldn't need to block CHeal anymore. It gets removed from the merc spell line up around L70 now.

Save those buff block slots for important things.
  6. Chaosflux Augur

Pretty sure mercs still have a recast timer (30s for renewal), I could see under high stress scenario (ie lots of Inc damage) the rate of death increasing by disallowing the merc to use light.

I'd have to test that, but I am sure there are parameters that dictate when blocking light would result in overall worse experience on the tanks end.
  7. Aghinem Augur

Here is a solution,

Get a real healer to help. Problem solved.
  8. High Voltage Augur

Healer Mercs - spell line up suck
  9. Bigstomp Augur

Eww. That's alot of a slow ae group heal. You should keep light in there as a fall back when it doesn't need to ae heal.
  10. Narogg Augur

Ae and Group heal are two different things bigstomp.

AE is Convelescent Splash

Group heal is Word of Greater reformation and is prefered to the Ardent light because its actually a faster cast time and heals the tank for more HP.
    You are bathed in a holy light. You have been healed for 45790 points.
    3.8 cast time
    You feel the touch of reformation. You have been healed for 47173 points.
    3.0 cast time
  11. Biltene Kingslayer

Sorry, that's incorrect.

Word cast time is 4s, Splash is 3s.
  12. Narogg Augur

Biltene is correct I had Syllable of Convalescence memed thinking it was word.
  13. Metanis Bad Company

Blocking the Promised line of spells is a big mistake. It's a huge heal it just happens 18 seconds in the future. It casts extremely fast like less than 1 second and it takes almost zero mana.
  14. nantalbus Elder

ya and unless they have fixed mercs once cast the merc don't like to cast other heals till it goes off.(sometimes they do sometimes they don't) have had to many times have died cause the merc cast promised then didn't cast anything else and died before it went off.
  15. Wulerdar Gnome Slayer

you mean like real clerics ?
  16. Hostility Elder

With global cool down it's more like 2 seconds. You don't want your healer wasting 2 seconds on healing you 18 seconds from now when you need a heal now.
  17. Metanis Bad Company

Your merc is just trying to tell you to grow some more HP...
  18. Slippry Augur

Do this if you like dying because your merc was busy casting garbage spells that do nothing.
  19. Tour Augur

Hey man, I don't have a heal for you right now. I'm a little short. You know, hard times. But I can give you this IOU for a heal. It's just as good. Don't worry, you'll get your heal. Just need a little more time. 18 seconds. I'm good for it, you can trust me.
    gotwar, Belexes and Slippry like this.
  20. Bigstomp Augur

If a dps is tanking sure.
    All 3 tanks have harmonious abilities that depend on single target direct heals landing. (Mostly applicable to warriors. No tank needs extra aggro in group so the knight harmoneous isn't that amazing).

As a war I'll take .8 seconds to drop a 10k heal over time that stacks with other heal over times on me.