Beastlord Hate decrease ability needed for competitive play

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Goodkitty, Feb 26, 2017.

1. Polekn Augur

Change the debuff so that it does not affect summoned pets, charmed only.
  2. Astral64 Augur

Please un-link Undertow's threat generation from me on MotM targets please.

He is a powerful, independent elemental and has no need of a magician to hold him back.
    Somnium Wintersun likes this.
  3. bodes Augur

They need those fixes in place to prevent mage armies on this summer's TLP and future TLPs
  4. SqueeshSqueesh Augur

I guess I should have been more specific.
    Just remove the pet debuff off of mark of the old ways III and abvoe and be done with it.

Here you go.
    Sumonerr_Tunare likes this.
  5. griever New Member

This.
  6. bodes Augur

MOTOW applies one rank for each 3 pets attacking the target, completely independent of the expansion. The entire purpose of MOTOW is to be a "pet debuff" that ranks up in severity as more pets engage and prevents mage armies from killing raid targets. What you're saying is that the debuff designed to prevent pet zerging should work when 9 pets are engaged then stop working when 10 are engaged, it's nonsensical and shows you have no idea what this debuff even does. You are confusing it with MOTM which is tied to expansions but has nothing to do with pets at all.
  7. Zanados Lorekeeper

Bodes, MotM has EVERYTHING to do with MotOW.

The reason MotOW is applied is because a mob has MotM. A pet gets MotOW debuff when they attack a mob with MotM buff on it.

What Squeesh was saying was simple- make it so mobs that have a MotM III or above buff on them do NOT have the application of MotOW component attached. It should also remove the aggro transfer component (which I believe is tied to MotM itself, rather than MotOW, as charmed pets do not get MotOW and still aggro transfer).

He simply misspoke when he said MotOW III+ instead of MotM III+
  8. bodes Augur

Yes this would work if it's possible to implement. I don't think Squeesh meant your idea though, based on what I know of his.... capacity.
  9. SqueeshSqueesh Augur

This
  10. SqueeshSqueesh Augur

I'm about 99% sure i've never played with you. You're only judging my "capacity" from petty argument's we've had on the forums. If i'm wrong and you've indeed played with me and therefore have a fair idea of my "capacity" then feel free to PM me your ingame name.
  11. Garmr Augur

Squeesh? Capacity? Wat?