Beastlord Hate decrease ability needed for competitive play

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Goodkitty, Feb 26, 2017.

1. Goodkitty Augur

We are the only melee dps class without a hate decrease. We however get a few later on in expacs like OoW, SoD, and Underfoot but we need one now with the merging of hate from pets and revamped dots due to mitigation debuffs.
    All of these dps classes get these nice toys and can be way more competitive:
    Monks- fd
    rangers - jolt
    Rogue - hide
    bard(i know not dps)- some song
    SK-FD
    Berserker - some strike skill

I think a great idea would be to lower the level requirement for Roar of thunder, raven's claw or chameleon strike (It would make PoP aa WAY more interesting for beastlords). Maybe even giving beastlords their own line of minor jolt spells (like rangers) or possibly integrating a -100/150 hate decrease into our quick cast ice nukes?
  2. FurySoul Augur

first of all, berserkers are not even in game on your server yet.
    secondly, monks have fd for more than just dropping hate from melee aggro
    thirdly, rogues dont drop hate from hide/sneak
    fourthly, sks are op, we dont complain about them for being op.
    fifthly, rangers produce a ton of hate from their spells, which is why they have always had jolt spells to help balance out the hate they put on their spells (it has nothing to do with their melee)

Lastly, you will get your hate dropping skills and AA eventually just be patient and play it the way it is. The skill sets are set when they are for reasons, also you should be happy that you at least got increased dps from melee and dots compared to original version of the class and content.
    Kobrah likes this.
  3. mackal Augur

TIL: Evade isn't a thing.
  4. Goodkitty Augur

I guess we are a healing class.
    Kanuvan likes this.
  5. Goodkitty Augur

Referenced example, sorry.

I feel things get overlooked by developers and the consequences of said changes hence why feedback posts like this are needed. That and mitigation boss debuffs.
  6. FurySoul Augur

I dont play a rogue so I wont say i know much. I know hide/sneak as they are in classic didnt drop aggro, I guess they added evade skill and tied it to hide. What expac or level do they get that at?

in any case my main point is still something I stand by, just play the beast and eventually youll get aggro dropping utilities, but bst class isnt a main DPS class even in live.
  7. Kahna Augur

Naw, we are just supposed to follow the melee around casting Fero ever 2 min.

We are getting a lot of extra aggro from our mediocre DPS. What with the pet transfer. I don't really know what you expect us to do if not DPS. I mean. I'm not even going all out, just attacking and casting a few dots. Should I turn auto attack off every so often? Should I stand in the back and buff? Should I not summon a pet?
  8. Goodkitty Augur

It's common practice to macro backstab with hide.
  9. Random newb Augur

As far as I can recall evade has been a thing. It doesn't completely drop agro but reduces your hate by some amount similar to jolt. All they do is hit the hide button, in the past they had to turn off attack to do it, but now they can evade while attacking, that's the only change I know of.
  10. Kahna Augur

I don't think any one is asking to be top parsing DPS. We are trying to avoid pulling aggro with our mediocre DPS.
  11. Kobrah Augur

Is your pet using any pet proc buffs ? I'd double check which ones you are using because as I can recall a lot of the pet proc buffs have hate modifiers attached to them. If you are using spirit of relic it increases hate by 50. Spirit of flame actually reduces its hate so you might try that. Ensure taunt is off as well.

Will this mob buff be permanent throughout the expansions ? or is it up to a certain point ? Because if its only up to a certain point I wouldn't bet on them adding new skills to accommodate for the issue you're having.
  12. Coppercoz Augur

Rogue evade just reduces hate. We can drop all hate once every 20 minutes or so via escape. Also, evade is not a sure thing. It regularly fails to duck out of combat.

We have some bst that will be in the top ten, but these have lots of aa and are pretty well geared.
  13. Goodkitty Augur

Yea I use fire/snow on raids.
  14. Goodkitty Augur

Our DPS isn't as mediocre as you think. We can hit over 400 on exp mobs :)
  15. griever New Member

I do 400+ dps with all dots / nukes rolling. I will, 100% of time time, rip aggro from a raid tank if I do sustained max dps for longer than 20 seconds.

This seems broken and cannot have been intended by developers when implementing the Mark change.

Anyone who says we're not a DPS class can just consult anyone who plays on live. Beastlords can and should do damage. If you're going to make that arguement, please provide proof that we're not a DPS class as we have DoT's, Nukes, Pets, Melee dps. We have every single kind of offensive AA ability that other DPS classes get in end-game content (flurry, triple attack, double attack, crit, veteran's wrath, dot crit, spell crit, spet crit / flurry, melee and spell disciplines) and it's absurd to argue otherwise. Our itemization, such as class-specific weapon ratios, are on-par with other dps classes.

We shouldn't even have to argue this point as it's completely self-evident to someone who's not being a giant forum troll.

Please make my class fun again.
  16. McJumps TLP QoL Activist

Here is the difference: You have to go all out to do 400+ DPS, a monk can AFK auto-attack with bare fists and do 400+.

Yes beastlords do decent DPS on live. This is not live yet. You dont have MANY of the abilities you cite as proof you are a DPS class. Shaman have nukes, DoTs, pets and can even melee decently with a good weapon, I bet if they go all out they can pull 400+ DPS too, doesnt mean they should.

There are currently only TWO pure DPS melee classes and 3 Pure DPS caster classes. If you want to focus on nothing but DPS, I suggest playing one of the classes that has a way to drop aggro. Until then, stop giving yourself Ferocity and give it to a monk or rogue who can do 400+ DPS and NOT die.
    Kronko likes this.
  17. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Beasts are a hybrid offensive class, I hope this isn't actually being debated.

MotM makes them, like mages, rip aggro way more than is justified for the actual damage they are doing (in the case of mages they actually do a lot of damage simultaneously). One of the biggest problems they have is that every pet proc above level 46 has a stun component in it that is transferring a lot of aggro to them every time it fires.

I don't think anyone is planning on magewalling anything in PoP, so maybe we could remove the aggro transfer part from MotM5? Or give Beasts a 61+ pet proc that doesnt have a Stun/+Hate component.
    Goodkitty likes this.
  18. Evil.Iguana Elder

Mages have the same problem. Best get used to it as DBG has made it pretty clear they are uninterested in fixing any of the balance issues from this era.
  19. Goodkitty Augur

You made my point. We need chameleon strike, raven's claw, or roar of thunder a lot earlier with these newer dots. This is the first TLP and OFF TESTING runnings going into this content/levels with Mitigation debuff and dot revamps. I doubt developers run simulated scenarios for all content in every expansion with every scenario of gear/weapons that there is to see if things are 100% feasible to use. There's no reason why we can't give feedback on changes that were made in the last 2 current expansions that were also made to content from 14 years ago.
  20. griever New Member

I don't give ferocity to myself. I don't focus purely on DPS. I heal pets and other party members when they're low. Hell, I even toss out disease and poison heals when relevant. I use paragon every 15 minutes on-cd. I just play efficiently and that's fun for me. It's not fun when my raid calls for a burn and I can't dps the mob properly because the hate mechanic is CLEARLY broken for my class exclusively.

Shaman pets are like level 40 at 65. Shaman have highpowered heals and cures that beastlords don't get and would prioritize those jobs. Shaman can only use like 2 different types of weapons. And they are not listed as DPS classes when you view DPS 1hb, 1hp, or hand-to-hand weapons. They don't get any melee DPS aa's that I'm aware of. Aside from paragon, if actual support classes are able to keep up with heals and such, there's nothing better for me to do that throw down more DPS to get the mob dead.

Saying I should modify my play-style indefinitely because something is broken is ludicrous. I don't do anywhere close to pure DPS classes during a burn but that doesn't mean I shouldn't be able to contribute to a boss fight because somebody has a coefficient wrong in the code somewhere. I played a beastlord in this ERA and I know for a fact that this was not how the original beastlord playstyle felt and this is solely due to the MARK change so again please stop with your nonsense about "intent." This was not intended by the original devs for this content and should not be happening in this content.