Amusing 4 box, thoughts?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by The Raging Animist, Feb 20, 2017.

1. The Raging Animist New Member

So I have a Beastlord (Main) and a bard duo that I also have a druid/sk duo i used to box with them. lvl 103 beast/bard and 100 druid/sk.. druid/sk in HoT gear. Tank is soo behind the power curve and no hotkeys and I am just not feeling the desire to bother with it right now (nothing to do with the nerfs, just trying to focus on the beastlord and if i'm boxing a tank it really *needs* to be the focus of all the best gear/etc first)

So an amusing thought with recent changes.

change up the SK for a shaman (would have to PL or heroic to start)

Beastlord / bard / druid / shaman with all those big dots and spell affecting buffs/discs between bard/druid, roar, did I mention big dots? Merctank (j5 obv)

I'd probably have to use somewhat lower level dots with a merc tank?(idk been a while), but it might be amusing.

I would have more healing than I know what to do with probably.

Edit: Also, moving around a tank *and* a beastlord and occasionally the bard due to melee is a pain in the . So, there is that.
  2. Bigstomp Augur

Merc tank will suck on aggro compared to a real tank. (but should be doable).

Other than tracking (bard mitigates that somewhat) and ports (you have to run everywhere) I'd consider dropping the druid and keeping a real tank.
  3. The Raging Animist New Member

i really dont wanna run 3 meleeing toons though let alone have to keep a tank gold in addition to my beast/bard (who will stay gold).

Tanking is a lot more reactive than it used to be too, and beastlord dps requires a lot of babysitting lol.
  4. Cayz New Member

I think that team would be tons of fun. Might change out Shaman for Mage if you plan on keeping Beast as your main. I say this cause i read your "I really don't wanna run 3 meleeing toons...." and Mage would be able to group CotH everyone once Druid ports you guys, and they're pretty easy to dps with since you really have to focus on Beastlords to keep up dps. Mage will also add a back-up tank to your Merc.

My fav 2-box is a Necro / Druid, if i were to add a 3rd it'd be Bard, 4th would most likely be Mage.
  5. Elrhon New Member

By running I mean moving/positioning/repositioning in combat. COTH is useful but most useful when the mage is already in position, and i'm not gonna run him through a ton of aggro to get there all by himself :D

The bard is pretty simple cause his only spam ability is selos kick, which isn't really a big deal if i dont use - just move him and let him swing and then focus on the beastlord to shred things up.
  6. Zamiam Augur

on any muliti box team one really needs to include a druid and mage .. those 2 toons alone add soo much.
    when boxing more than 2 toons manuverability becomes an issue .. having druid for ports and mage for CoH helps a ton.
    druid also has heals, snare, tracking, dot dps :p, debuffs, | Mage has Dps, DS, optional pet tank, and did i mention CoH also group CoH. just to name a few..

after that you can pick any other toons you want bard would be good for a puller/CC
  7. Tucoh Augur

Dont do it. Your sk centered team, once your sk is geared, will roll over content that is challe ging to your tankless team.

Do bst, bard and sk.
  8. Kravin Journeyman

I would do bst, druid, and mage for 3 box. The 4th one should be an easy box. If you plan on fighting a lot of mobs i would go with bard/monk/enchanter.
    Bard can mez if you pull to many and can single pull well.
    Monk can single pull pretty much anything you want.
    Enchanter can single pull not as well as monk/bard, but their mezzes are a lot better and they only have to put one dot to match the bard/monk's dps.

Really between the Bst, druid, and mage combo you don't need a 4th box. The druid can split pulls and you can always have the mage pet tank a mob, bst pet tank a mob, and if needed bst it self tank a mob.
  9. Fohpo Augur

SK, SHM, Zerk, you can level the SHM/Zerk pretty easy with the Sk if you get a F2P account with a bard for aoe.
  10. Murphy Elder

This. Just trust in this. Get that SK in front of the target and spam a few aggro generators ever fight. You wont even have to bother watching how the shaman\dru dots are racking up the aggro like they do with anything else in front of the target other than the SK.
  11. IblisTheMage Augur

He is right. And wrong...

Steamrolling content is less rewarding. I would suggest that the OP avoids tanks and beserkers, it will keep the game vibrant and exciting.
  12. nantalbus Elder

depends on how you want to play your bst. if you want to melee i would go mage/bst/druid/bard. you can pet tank with mage pet and still melee with bst. you have the bst pet for backup and can go 2 healer merc or 1 healer merc and a caster merc if you can keep the druid healing.

If you don't mind standing back and just casting with bst can go bst/bard/druid/whatever. And use the bst pet to tank or again can use a mage for the mage pet.

I myself use a ench/mage/bst/druid team. But I use the bst more like it was a caster then a melee.
  13. kookoo Augur

One SK and 3 or 5 shaman :)
  14. IblisTheMage Augur

Still waiting to see the 4 warrior 1 bard 1 shaman group :).
  15. Tucoh Augur

Sure.

If you want to go this way, avoid tanks/berserkers, then just pick whatever random classes you like. The less the classes work together the more vibrant the game will be. Just be aware that you may clear a room through careful pulling + CC + ability usage, only to later see a warrior lob an arrow into the room, pull everything in there and just tank them to death with a merc healer.
    Coronay and IblisTheMage like this.