congrats druids

Discussion in 'Priests' started by fransisco, Feb 8, 2017.

1. Elysia New Member

I'm not sure why we're being congratulated. It looks to me like druid DoTs were nerfed badly, at least on TLP servers. +34 damage per tick on Swarming Death does not nearly cover the loss of ability to stack with Winged Death, Drifting Death, etc.
  2. Senlronia Lorekeeper

Pretty much this. On LJ and RF (not being in pop) Druid's have exactly 2 dot lines... this is a nerf to us, though i am looking forward to getting others, right now it really hurts.

EDIT: oh, and that Breath of Ro can only have one copy of this on the mob due to the fire debuff, so if more then one druid, someone loses dps.
  3. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Well, speaking for non-TLP servers, I think the changes are pretty cool. I logged in and tested on a GH dummy last night. At 105 (no EoK), I was able to stack all 6 that looked like they should stack (Horde of Acul., NFW, Sunflash, Consuming Sunray, Chill o/t Copsetender, and Argent Moonbeam).

It parsed out to ~44K DPS, and likely higher than that during the first part of the parse, since at the end, with the huge mana required for each cast, I went essentially OOM with a few DoTs still running, so the DPS at the end of the parse was lower. Length of parse was 296 secs (I have a small mana pool for a 105, about 90K). The best I had ever parsed on a dummy before (nuking) was just over 30K, so this is quite an improvement, and a lot less spamming keys on my part.

I did brief parses for each spell individually:
    Horde: 9,435 DPS
    NFW: 21,671 DPS
    Sunflash: 14,061 DPS
    Consuming Sunray: 9,127 DPS
    Chill: 7,159 DPS
    Argent: 6,990 DPS

So one might assume, with perfect renewal of DoTs, as long as mana holds out, the total DPS would be about the total of these: ~68K DPS. This is without the last three ranks of Destructive Vortex, and last 5 ranks of Destructive Cascade. So, better focus, last of the AAs, and anything else I'm not thinking of, and you would see even better DPS than this.

Tat

Note - I haven't cast any DoTs other than those in the NFW family in quite some time, since they make no sense in the group game (mobs die too fast). I'm not sure that's really changed. As for soloing (root/rot or DoT kiting), it's been a long time since I've done that. If there are decent places to find mobs which can be snared or rooted, and won't summon, this could be a good use for the spells.
  4. Slippry Augur

With full AAs, and raid focuses, just casting a full set of dots without nuking during downtime should put you at ~80k dps. It'll spike a bit from natural twincasts, and drop from being late on refreshes.

A full dot rotation isn't really useful in the group game, except maybe for the Bridgekeeper golem in Chardok. Since you have to be going for about 3 minutes to get the full effect of Chill to make the crappy damage of Frost better than your other dots.

Raids and burns are another story. Maximizing DPS is either going to require devoting all 12 gems to it, or a lot of necro style gem swapping.

I made this chart using Beim's spell damage calculator. It takes into account raid focuses, and max dot crit AAs.
    [IMG]
    (Frost is the doom dot from Chill going to full duration, it's not a spell that we can directly cast.)

NFW is the real star here, great dps and total damage in a shortish period. Chill is only really worth using if you can count on it and Frost going the full duration (~160 seconds). The other dots are all basically the same for DPS and total damage, with Sunflash being lower total damage because of its shorter duration.
    moogs, Fehu, S33k3r and 2 others like this.
  5. Brohg Augur

Sunray+Moonbeam stack ?
  6. Tatanka Joe Schmo

They did for me when I tested them in the GH. I had 6 DoTs ticking away, the same 6 which Slippry showed (thanks for that update, Slippry, confirms that I was on the right track in my estimates for the total, given my lower foci and AA level).

Tat
  7. Skvoid Elder

On live Druids seem pretty close to OP, can sustain 240k dps while healing curing etc, on harder fights like queen DPS goes down a little maybe 200k 220k sustained but queen needs a lot more healing if your dps is soaking the dots instead of dodging.