New merc gear NERFed my caster

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Mattnaik, Feb 15, 2017.

1. Mattnaik Lorekeeper

So I jumped on after the patch and started killing in Lce with my box crew mostly to test survivability of my SK with multiple adds (just fine) and the new DPS for shaman dots (much improved!).

I then decided to convert over my Faded existing Merc gear. I haven't really been keeping up my caster merc gear on my shaman very up to date so it converted over to "Flawed" gear. So I decided to see if there is any improvement. Well my caster merc is now consistently doing 8k DPS. I have about 30 parses of fight IMMEDIATELY before converting the gear where he was doing 25-30k DPS then 3 fights AFTER converting the gear it was 8.7k, 8.8k and 8.2k.

Is this expected? was the idea to nerf anyone who didn't have up to date gear for their mercs? This sounds like a bug but I am not sure.
  2. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Have you tried a parse without any gear equipped to see what happens? It would be funny if after dealing with the tank/melee bug that reduced their dps with gear equipped now did the same to casters.
  3. Mattnaik Lorekeeper

I actually parse a couple without gear and it parsed in around 8.0k. Just slightly worse than with the gear on. Really hope this is a bug
  4. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Sounds like they screwed something up when adjusting the merc stats. Maybe updated the wrong field or something. If you haven't already you probably want to post in the Test update forum in the message thread on the Live Update bugs.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/live-update-bugs-02-15-17.238493/
  5. S33k3r Augur

I'm not seeing a difference.

After converting my merc's gear I saw the following :-

/G Combined: A guardian in 1821s, 351996k @193298sdps --- #4 A gingerbread caster 50839k@27918sdps (28041dps in 1813s) [14.44%]

With the old gear I had :-

/G Combined: Greater plague skeleton in 1133s, 199843k @176384sdps --- #3 A gingerbread caster 31510k@27811sdps (28009dps in 1125s) [15.77%]
  6. Mattnaik Lorekeeper

I'm going to try a few more parses today after relogging and suspending maybe something will change
  7. Mattnaik Lorekeeper

Well after relogging and suspending and unsuspending its back to normal. Must have just been a weird bug at the time.
    Rivitt, Corwyhn Lionheart and moogs like this.
  8. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Probably a good idea for anyone with mercs to do a suspend and resummon if they haven't since the patch.