Returning player with questions about grouping content and plat farming

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Babayetu0101, Feb 14, 2017.

1. Babayetu0101 Journeyman

I'm playing on the Firiona Vie server, and I started an Ogre Warrior with a 2.5m budget. I'm leveling up right now with an 85 HC druid box, but I'm going to duo with my friend who is a CLE, so our duo group will look like, War, Cle, box dps, box dps.

We're nowhere near max content right now, but a few questions going forward:

1) Are epics worth doing? If so, in order?

2) We don't really plan on raiding per se, but would like to do all groupable content. Is this possible without xxleetxx raid gear that costs 40m+?

3) For war, cle, and 2dps mercs, what is the best way of farming plat? I see blade of carnage sells for a few hundred K, can this not be solo'd? Is there not an agent of change where you can farm your own mob privately?

4) I'm coming from TLP Phinny and haven't played live since OoW. Any tips for leveling / spending our money wisely would be greatly appreciated :)

5) Any other essential/useful items/quest I should acquire as an Ogre War on my way to 105?
  2. Babayetu0101 Journeyman

6) Is a mount necessary even as a tank? If so, any idea where to acquire a cheap and/or fast mount that doesn't require DB cash?
  3. Badhand Elder

3) Plat

a) Set up a /buyer and resell the items you have brought. You can also make a good profit buying in the bazaar cheap and reselling if you know how much an item is worth.

b) Make Artisan's Seals and sell them. It's for a Level 100 Aug but you do not have to be Level 100 to make them if you have completed the requirements. It may take a lot of work to be able to make the seals and the craze has died down but it's still worthwhile. Even if you do not have the prerequisites to make the seals you can also sell the items used in the mixes where most items are easily farmable with an 85 Warrior. Pyrilen Flame realistically sells for 100K on Bristlebane as an example.

c) Another great source of Plat is the drops for Heroic Armor(Non-Visables and Rustics) and Augs & Weapons. You may have to level a little to get them but they have always sold well since the Heroic Tunes were invented. These are found in Argath and Valley where additional income can be found from Diamonds, Pelts, Silks etc. Due to the overpowering from the latest expansions most of the higher level items are over stocked but the level 85 gear remains a good seller.

Hope that helps.
  4. Hellboy007 Augur

In a nut shell...

EoK Group currency is selling pretty high.. ~250kpp per char per mission

EoK Raid currency will make you $$$.. Until get through the first few waves of stupid people buying at idiot prices.

Collection things

EoK group gear.. Prestige stuff sells though i think non-prestige sells better. Though market is starting to fall sharply.

Tradeskill stuff is slowing way down could be due to EoK and may speed back up.
  5. Kravn Augur

Level 92 attunables from RoF T1 zones sell pretty decently still too as its pretty much the first stepping stone for a heroic character. Even a lot of the junk random drops you can get 5k out of. Augments in particular sell like hotcakes.

RoF T1 zones also drop Befouled silks and pelts, used to make the playermade 16 slot bags that are expandable to 20 slot... which happen to currently be the best playermade bags in game. Planar goo also drops in RoF zones, which is used to make Planar Donuts, the 2nd best stat food item in game.
  6. moogs Augur

The druid epics - all of them: 1.0, 1.5, 2.0, 2.5 - are not worth doing other than as a matter of pride or unless you plan to remain level 70-75 forever. The clicky effect doesn't do jack once you're level 76+.

The cleric 1.0 has been replaced by an AA, and the 1.5/2.0 also has an AA version but the shield is still nice to have as an alternate click when the AA is down. Cleric should be your priority.

Warrior 1.5/2.0 adds some HP and AC for a minute or so. It's not much but it's nice to have because it stacks with everything else.
  7. Tereil Elder

Also, on the epic note, you can't get the ornamentation unless you've finished the epic quests. They are nice to have for looks. Also an achievement.
    Kravn likes this.