Noob Shammy questions

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Zspark, Feb 13, 2017.

1. Zspark New Member

Hi! My friend plays on Phinny progression server so I thought I would join him. He plays a cleric. I know a shaman may not be best person to go with a cleric but I don't really like playing melee or dps types in other games so I went with more of a utility class.

This game is rather challenging but I am having fun. I was wondering if there were any tips to make my life easier, or just more efficient. I am currently level 12 and just learning about different macro commands.

What shaman abilities should I use in conjunction with a macro and what would my group want or need to know about my spells when I cast them? like an enchanter tells the group when he dazzles an enemy.

I realize i have a ton of buffs but I can't tell that they make much of a difference. Do I need to keep these up on everyone in my group? is the short duration melee buff (fleeting fury) good to keep up on the tank ?

I know these may sound dumb, but I want to be the best I can be and I was keeping all my buffs on everyone at all times but I haven't noticed them making a difference. LIke STR buff making people do more damage.

Last one is on gear. What stats should I prioritize besides wisdom and about what level does tutorial armor become bad and need to be upgraded?

Thank you all for your help and tips!
  2. Annastasya Augur

As far as shaman buffs making a difference in group- at lower levels your slows landing can cripple the damage output of mobs. (see what i did there?) Your dots and debuffs are always solid. Haste is probably the most impactful beneficial buff. On the progression server- i dont think defiant armor is a thing?- if not then your stat buffs should be quite good. On normal servers low level players max their stats far too easily, but in either case i would keep buffing group members to keep up on your casting skills.

As Shaman approach the mid to higher level game, your debuffs are still important but can be mitigated somewhat, your healing gets better, your mana management becomes unrivaled, your wolf pet gets pretty sturdy and your group melee proc buffs make for some tremendous adps for melee characters.

Shaman are solid group healers with a lot of utility thrown in.
    moogs likes this.