'Molten Salve' in Skyfire Mountains...

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by TheQxx, Feb 2, 2017.

1. TheQxx Augur

Does anyone know if 'Molten Salve' in Skyfire Mountains still drops? Has anyone actually seen it lately...or ever?

Allakhazam's has nearly no info on it.
    Magelo shows is as super rare (<1% random zone-wide drop).

As I slaughter my way through the denizens of Skyfire, I am wondering if any living soul has ever seen it before and ideally recently.

Much thanks.

Molten Salve
    MAGIC ITEM LORE ITEM NO TRADE AUGMENTATION
    Augmentation type: 7
    Slot: HEAD FACE EAR NECK SHOULDERS ARMS BACK WRIST HANDS FINGER CHEST LEGS FEET WAIST
    CHA: +2 HP: +44 MANA: +17 ENDUR: +17
    Required level of 45.
    WT: 0.0 Size: TINY
    Class: ALL
    Race: ALL
  2. Tereil Elder

I had it drop 2-3 times a while back I believe. I was mass killing in the zone for mage epic. Currently though, not sure.
  3. TheQxx Augur

Being such a 'rare' drop via Magelo's stats means it's either:

1. Incredibly rare. Like uh Sebilite Croaking Dirk rare.
    OR
    2. Seemingly incredibly rare because the 'mobs killed count' goes up but the 'number of times looted count' does not because it doesn't drop anymore.

Hepl em.
  4. Brudal Augur

From the magelo link

Last updated : 2/1/17 12:41 AM
    svann likes this.
  5. TheQxx Augur

Ya, I saw that and I was curious if that meant it dropped for someone at that time or was it just 'verified' from someone's profile sync? Because we know that the Mosscovered Twig doesn't 'drop' anymore but it was last updated n 8/13/16 from that ridiculous sinful vendor or someone's profile.
  6. TheQxx Augur

Not to derail my own thread but what other super rare random zone drops are there like Sebilite Croaking Dirk? It's always fun to chase after that stuff. PoP and before preferred.
  7. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

I thought you quit sir. Don't tell me you became a TLP brosef? :(

Those Sebilis rares were cool. Berserker cloak 4tw
    Nudia likes this.
  8. Nudia Augur

EOK is Kunark themed, Kunark is PoP and before. EOK has tons of awesome chase items! ;)
  9. Tadenea Augur

I believe its one of the Hotzone drops that occured back when it was a hotzone I see on Allakhazam it entry back in Nov 2016
    many old Hotzones will still drop the rare augs from random killings
  10. TheQxx Augur

Never. Just been messing around in old zones, seeing if Stella can get her groove back. Feel me?
    MrMajestykx and Sheex like this.
  11. Gidono https://everquest.allakhazam.com

I'm guessing this is a new aug that was introduced with the new hot zone system that was put in place in April of last year.

I added Skyfire to the zone where it drops. Let us know what mobs it drops from if you get one.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/wiki/EQ:Hotzones
    TheQxx likes this.
  12. TheQxx Augur

Is Skyfire a hot zone? What's the new system and does it affect what determines the hot zone aug drops or drop mechanic/process? Because I've been here multiple hours, multiple days and have killed thousands of these afking things and nary an aug. I finally take a 'break' and everything gets flipped upside down.

Edit: I see. A little digging around and it makes sense. Velk's is currently the level 50 hot zone. Glovely. I'm assuming or hoping it hits Skyfire [again?] at some point. Does that happen witht his new system?
  13. TheQxx Augur

Good deal McNeil. I can tell you that the Clockwork Reinforcement is the current hot zone aug for Plane of Innovation; dropped off of 'a rusted model'.
  14. Gidono https://everquest.allakhazam.com

Ok that might explain why the skyfire aug is not dropping right now. Skyfire doesn't look like it's part of the group of hot zones that Plane of Innovation is in. So I guess we have to wait until it cycles back around to the Skyfire group.

From what the Everquest site says "Moving forward, new hot zones will rotate randomly every 3 months on the first of January, April, July, and October." https://www.everquest.com/news/new-hot-zone-system

So looks like we either just changed over to the current set or we are about to switch over to another set.
    TheQxx likes this.
  15. Act of Valor The Newest Member

Quarken, what do you want that for? It won't display in your swagger house.
    TheQxx likes this.
  16. TheQxx Augur

The Velketor's Labyrinth hot zone augment is: Bottled Frost Essence which dropped from a crystalline devourer for me.
  17. TheQxx Augur

Don't forget about my mans Tecknoe Destructo.

18. TheQxx Augur

19. TheQxx Augur

20. MrMajestykx Augur

Stella find her groove yet? you working it dog.