research on TLP

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Elthorien, Jan 24, 2017.

1. fransisco Augur

This is the problem.
    The were not intentionally added. You imply malicion on the part of the devs. Not true.
    They were accidentally left on the progression servers, not "added in".
  2. Dral Elder

You are aware that there were many SoL spells crafted and sold during Kunark? Yes?

Nobody crafting those spells and meming or selling them thought they were doing anything wrong. They had been available on all previous TLPs during Kunark.

The devs flagged the spells as SoL only, however all crafted and memed spells stayed in game.

Inconsistent?

Nobody crafting the 56 or 61 tomes thought they were doing something wrong. The tomes had been craftable on all previous servers and usable in PoP. The devs were specifically informed about the Tomes when RF / LJ went live - nothing said - nothing removed.

The last minute rush to make the tomes was not surprising - considering the actions of the devs with the SoL spells.

Something that could have been prevented by simply stating the tomes were going to be removed - rather than some vague statement about many recipes not being available anymore.

The situation was not handled well at all.
  3. Dral Elder

I am NOT talking about the tomes - I'm talking about out of era items that were added because the devs thought they would make the QoL better for some classes - the Healing spells for example.

This suggests we cannot simply assume something out of era is not intended.

The tomes were NOT added by the devs - they have ALWAYS been there on all previous TLPS.
  4. Illusory Augur

It doesn't matter, you should always ask and never assume for anything related to out of era items.
  5. Dral Elder

You are now assuming that everyone on this server knew the level 56 tomes were out of era. While it is more obvious with the level 61 times, people have been buying and memming the level 56 tomes for months.

It could be argued that it isn't even the responsibility of the player base to even know that.

I've been playing EQ for years and I had no idea the SoL spells that were available in kunark were even SoL spells.
  6. Illusory Augur

There isn't anything for me to assume.

If the spell/ability wasn't available during the expansion, then it's out of era on a progression server. I will agree that new folks that have never played EQ outside of TLPs may not have known, but these people are few and far between versus the veteran EQ player population on the TLP. Seriously, at this stage of the game there really isn't an excuse, it's more negligence on the player's part than anything else. One can easily search and find the expansion of any spell or ability and everyone will look up their spells eventually.

Don't get me wrong though, I get it.... If it's out of era, then it shouldn't be available on the server. However, it's pretty evident that DBG doesn't want to take the time or expand the resources to flag (x) amount of items each expansion release regardless of difficulty. At this point, it's up to the player to do their due diligence and make the best judgement.
  7. MaxTheLion Augur

Extra bank slots were added during LoY and PoR.
    Enhanced maps were implemented in Legacy of Ykesha.
    Augments were implemented in LDoN.
    Tradeskills interface was updated in GoD.
    Titles were implemented in OoW.
    Achievements weren't until Underfoot.
    Inventory increased in HoT.
    Shared bank not until CotF.
    Mount keyring - TDS.
    Illusion keyring - TBM.
    Not to mention the countless AA's that have been modified and shifted.
    All focus effects on items.

There are too many things to mention that are currently in game that weren't there originally. If you have in any way taken advantage of these factors that are currently in place on Phinigel, then you're a hypocrite.
    jagarr, oldkracow and Kegwell like this.
  8. Hateseeker Augur

Once again Daybreak is to blame first, players second. Once a server launches (or an expansion on that server launches), and if, after a few days or 2 weeks at most, something is available, then it's available. Changing it so much later is extremely unprofessional at best.

Could and should players technically have foreseen the risk? Sure. But that doesn't make Daybreak morally correct.
  9. Illusory Augur

While these are out of era game features/functions, I'm not really sure what you're on about as they don't relate to the thesis of the thread. Moreover, DBG publicly stated that they would keep many of these features/functions (and others not listed) available for use at the launch of the TLP servers or as expansions unlock.

Official Extended FAQ: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...x-progression-server-faq.228779/#post-3364554

What you don't see is in this FAQ is an official stance on out of era tomes or spells and therefore should take caution when dealing with them because they could be subject to removal at anytime based on DBG's discretion.
    Taladir likes this.
  10. Machen New Member

And yet there is a vendor that was specifically added on the TLP's to sell out of era tomes...
  11. Baldur Augur

Out of era sure, but not over the level cap.

These tomes were level 61 when the level cap is 60. I have no sympathy for anyone that bought them and lost their money.
  12. Machen New Member

Oh, I have no sympathy either. I would have bought them if I were a tank, but I wouldn't be complaining about losing the money either.
  13. FurySoul Augur

lets not forget auto combine and saved recipes for trade skills!

Bring back the true feeling of the eras with manual clicking FOR EVERY COMBINE!
    Make www.eqtraders.com !
    Utdaan likes this.
  14. Baldur Augur

Go play on p99 if you want manual clicking for every combine, no way I'd want to go back to that.
    FurySoul likes this.
  15. CaptainSkeet Augur

I know this is a joke but I still /vomit at the thought
    FurySoul likes this.
  16. Illusory Augur

Lol, that is something I'd rather forget. Seriously, one of the first PC games to induce carpal tunnel syndrome.
  17. levster New Member

You are absolutely justified in feeling shafted. You would think that 15 years after having released an expansion (and several years after their first progression server) the folks running this game would know how to properly flag items/recipes when Velious or Luclin or PoP open up. The fact that they are removing items along with recipes months after an expansion opens up speaks to the repeated administrative and technical failures of Daybreak's dev staff. To put blame on players for not being able to divine which items are in-era and which aren't, which items are out-of-era but left in on purpose, etc, is simply ridiculous. We're not talking about a new product here, folks. Luclin came out some 15 years ago, so when Luclin opened on Ragefire a few months ago is it really too much for the players to expect the dev team to have figured out what's what; what belongs and what doesn't and to implement those parameters prior to it opening? Or is that too much to expect... a little professionalism? It appears so. Better for them NOT to put the effort in when it matters most. Instead, wait til we're halfway through the expansion and then drop the changes on us like bombs from the blue. And by all means, keep doing it every expansion, starting with Kunark, then Velious, and now Luclin, because contrary to all the feedback Daybreak receives, we players really do want to have our chains yanked for no reason.
  18. Saimhann New Member

Has anyone successfully researched a PoP spell yet? All I get are do not meet the requirements.
  19. jagarr Augur

Research has been gutted. I understand why, I guess... but it really seems like a fun stomp this late into the server. Is the spell lotto really that fun? Most of those spells become common really fast anyway. DB did miss a few combines though :)