Chat Box Edit

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Fuel, Feb 1, 2017.

1. Fuel Journeyman

Not a fan of multiple chat box openings, so I guess I'll attempt to answer my own question:

So, I need to create another chat box to add what I want to see and avoid scrolling spells and others' hits, misses, etc? I looked under setting, and can see where you can "hide" certain bard effects and such, but can you turn off all the other scrolling eye socket death text? lol

I assume we can't completely edit the "Main" box, or the "Other" for that matter?

Thanks,
    Fulkex
  2. moogs Augur

What you can do is right-click the chat bar (where you type messages), select New Chat Window, go to that window and right-click the chat bar and select Filters, and repeat for each thing you don't really want to see.

When you're done, you can minimize that window and move it out of the way or select Window > Alpha > Faded Level and set it to 5% or something.
    Felicite likes this.
  3. Fuel Journeyman

Exactly, thought so. Thanks!
    moogs likes this.
  4. moogs Augur

I have a faded "junk" chat window that contains filters for:

Melee > Pet messages
    Melee > Pet Rampage/Flurry
    Melee > Pet Criticals
    Melee > Your Hits
    Spells > Mine
    Spells > Non Melee Hits
    Spells > Focus Effects
    Spells > Criticals
    Damage Shield > You Attacking
    Randoms > Others Rolls
    Randoms > Group/Raid Rolls

The window is there and if I really want to see something (like if someone in the group comments about a really amazing nuke crit), it's not turned off completely.