GoD+OOW wasn't popular, but PoP+LDON might be!

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Xanadas, Jan 10, 2017.

1. Xanadas Augur

I humbly submit DBG consider releasing PoP and LDON together.

Pros? Cons?
  2. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

I'd totally get on board with this, but with only 3 weeks until unlock I kind of feel like what we've got is what we've got.
  3. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

I humbly submit DBG release a Tecmo superbowl Sim, in the Freeport arena.

Pros? Cons?
  4. Catashe Augur

sorry Xanadas... you must SUFFER like the rest of us! lol
  5. AgentofChange Augur

I thought it was 3 months of PoP then 3 months of Ldon
  6. -wycca Augur

Your statement, and the one you quoted, are not mutually exclusive.
  7. Baldur Augur

I'd rather have 3 months of PoP+Ykesha then 3 months of LDoN+GoD then 3 months of OoW.
    Flandersian, Ketzerei84 and snailish like this.
  8. AgentofChange Augur

Ah he was saying 3 weeks to pop and I thought he meant ldon was 3 weeks after pop, my bad.
  9. Machen New Member

Either this or pop+ldon are far superior to GoD+OoW.

Personally I liked the approach on Fippy/Vulak with LDoN basically a month into pop. Or just don't bundle any of them. Any of the above is better than bundling GoD+OoW.
    snailish likes this.
  10. vardune Augur

PoP for 135 days, Ykesha + LDoN for 90 days, GoD for 90 days and OoW forever FREEZE the SERVER with no more expansions.
    Xanadas likes this.
  11. Xoner Baby Joesph Sayer

12. justasub Journeyman

good idea...go bang your head on the wall forever also....another good idea
  13. Mrjon3s Augur

They should do LDoN + GoD. It would give casual people stuff to do and raiders stuff to do.
  14. Polekn Augur

You are missing the point of GOD+OOW. They are going to stop doing any development on Phiny after PoP which means nothing in GoD will be instanced which isn't instanced already. They hope that enough people will move from Phiny to a new server and congestion for BiC mobs would not be too bad. It might work but I suspect they will lose many subscriptions, I do not see too many people starting yet on another server after RF/LJ/phiny.
  15. Catashe Augur

Didn't I see like months ago, a list of OoW open world mobs for possible instancing...
  16. Polekn Augur

You refer to the list of open world bosses who are not supposed to spawn in pick zones for Quarm server. They never discussed actual raid instancing in OOW. If I am wrong, point me to the topic.
  17. Darchon_Xegony Augur

The most logical choice is:

PoP+LoY
    LDoN + GoD

PoP offers a lot to grouper/raiders a like. LoY was mostly an expansion with little content but a lot of UI features / QOL improvements. Scroll wheel to 3rd person, fixed raid window (was bugged in PoP capping at 10 group leaders), shared bank, 8 extra bank spots, maps, research updated for 51-60 spells, etc.
    LDoN offers a large amount of group content but just a few seldom repeated raids for raiders. GoD on the other hand has some very challenging group content to test yourself on once you have better gear from LDoN and more AAs... and amazing raid content for raiders.

Bundling GoD and OoW is one of the more unwise pairings they could possibly do. All it does is guarantee no guilds complete the content in the appropriate level range/era. It will all be skipped in favor of leveling to 70, getting additional AAs, completing OoW raid content and then going back to roll over GoD once or twice just to say you did it.

They really need to reconsider the expansions they are pairing.

Put LDoN and GoD together. Allow OoW to stand alone, after 3 months of GoD/LDoN.
  18. Healbro Elder

If put to vote PoP+LoY and LDoN+GoD bundles would win in a landslide over GoD/OoW. I can't think of any possible reason why they would bundle GoD/OoW in the face of almost unanimous opposition from the players unless it was for the reason stated earlier in this thread. They just don't want to bother fixing GoD raid instances and they figure if they bundle OoW almost everyone will skip GoD completely and they won't have to mess with it.
  19. Mashef Augur

This. It's good business sense. Why put dev time into /pick zones for GoD and beyond when a majority of the content is instanced and statistically it's when most people leave the game.

Instead of losing subs, have a new server with a slightly varying rule set and let them play again with new classes/guilds/play styles. In the past a TLP would lose people and the company just lost subs.

Now they have a plan to keep people playing. They just need to get a good rule set right. Another truebox with bad exp isn't much of a lure.
  20. Warriorphinny New Member